Forums

ForumsFlash Games

Steambirds (Multiplayer)

Posted Mar 22, '10 at 3:48pm

Fact

Fact

189 posts

I am really looking forward for a Multiplayer version of this game, it will make a lot of fun and surely has a rating above 9. The first game was fun and exciting, challenging and awesome, and multiplayer will make it even better.

So what do you SB fans think?

Posted Mar 23, '10 at 4:34am

Dannydaninja

Dannydaninja

978 posts

It's having multiplayer!?

Posted Mar 23, '10 at 6:59am

Fact

Fact

189 posts

No it doesn't! Do you even read these topics? I am saying that I WANT a Multiplayer version...

Posted Mar 23, '10 at 12:11pm

ShadowWave

ShadowWave

484 posts

you're really not being clear about that >:<

Posted Mar 23, '10 at 6:55pm

Fact

Fact

189 posts

Well, you got me now, and what do you think!?

Posted Mar 23, '10 at 9:14pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,541 posts

Knight

It would take a long time to make, because if you haven't noticed, Steambirds is a rather laggy game, and having thousands of people playing at once on the same server would be slower than an elderly snail stuck in glue.

Posted Mar 24, '10 at 12:10am

knight_34

knight_34

14,235 posts

If not online multiplayer it should have local multiplayer, so you could play with a friend right next to you. But it would require some thinking to pull off.

Implementing online multiplayer in games isn't simple. You need someone who can work with servers and multiplayer, you need servers and you need money.

Posted Mar 30, '10 at 5:31pm

Xeihro

Xeihro

29 posts

I agree with the other people who posted here. It would be confusing because multiple people playing could be slow and some people disconnect.

Posted Mar 31, '10 at 7:00am

Co1980

Co1980

45 posts

I think a local multiplayer version would be relatively easy to make, actually. It may require a solid processor, though. Player 1 sets his commands, then player 2 does the same. You will have to make sure you are not peeking, though.

What I personally doubt, is whether multiplayer would be any FUN in this game, the way it is. In order to prevent the game from becoming anticipating and thinking and little action, I think a multiplayer version should contain one MAJOR change... You should control all planes the way you do now, but you should have one fixed plane that you control DIRECTLY in real time! That way, if you miscalculate something, you can at least respond to it to SOME degree. If your plane is downed, you can't excert direct control anymore, since you're dead.

Come to think of it - the single player version could do with a mode that includes one direct-control plane too!

Posted Mar 31, '10 at 9:13pm

Xeihro

Xeihro

29 posts

Not a lot of people play in my local area.

Reply to Steambirds (Multiplayer)

You must be logged in to post a reply!