ForumsGamesBattle of the Computers

69 8248
Yoshi400
Yoshi400
73 posts
Nomad

Hi!! Welcome to my Battle Thread. This battle is for the two computer makers, Windows vs. Mac. Feel free to leave your vote.

RULES:

you MUST Give a reason.
Your sentence CANNOT be under 8 letters.
NO SPAMMING

Please follow these rules when Voting.

Remember, PC VS. MAC, WHO WILL WIN!!!!

The deadline for the battle is: April 30

Have fun voting!!!

• 69 Replies
hiyacherry
hiyacherry
426 posts
Nomad

I think windows is good cause u get windows 7 and no windows 7 was NOT my idea.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Windows is not technically a computer. It's a program made by Microsoft that PCs use on default, but a Mac can also run Windows. PC is the type of computer, not Windows.

Yoshi400
Yoshi400
73 posts
Nomad

Like I said in the post before hiyacherry, It does not matter if you call it PC or WINDOWS!!!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

It does not matter if you call it PC or WINDOWS!!!

And as I said in my post, they aren't the same thing. One is a type of computer, the other is a program used on computers (mostly PCs). Windows is just as much of a computer as Linux is.
Yoshi400
Yoshi400
73 posts
Nomad

Whatever.....

chitown
chitown
1,614 posts
Farmer

I vote windows since Mac is not compatible with anything even though it does look cool and has all of those features.

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

This thread's name should be changed. I hate it how people assume that a PC is Windows. Change it to Mac vs. Windows.

Oh, and Macs and PCs are basically the same and have been since 2006. The only thing is, that Mac usually packages its computers as Macs.

Centie
Centie
251 posts
Nomad

Mac is simply wayyyy better, because its HD picture quality faster processors best video game computers and the screen is bigger than my TV (this is Imac)

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

and the screen is bigger than my TV

You must have a small television.

best video game computers

I don't really think so. There isn't much of a difference. The NVIDIA and ATI video cards can be bought and installed into your non Mac computer.

faster processors

Just because the Mac comes packaged with the best Intel processors doesn't mean you can't buy a non Mac computer that has them.
Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

PCs are better than Macs for several reasons. PCs are cheaper and reliable if you know how to work a computer. PCs are also totally customizable. Windows however is only good if you have XP or 7.

armorsergio
armorsergio
3 posts
Shepherd

mac is better peroid.

pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

Windows however is only good if you have XP or 7.

Amen, I couldn't find anything on my comp until I changed from vista to 7.
knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

Amen, I couldn't find anything on my comp until I changed from vista to 7.

We all know that Vista is a failure, and because of it Windows XP hasn't died so quickly.

mac is better peroid.

Never trust the opinion of someone who spells period as &quoteroid". And why is it better?
xXforforXx
xXforforXx
67 posts
Nomad

Okay lets look at the facts.

If you build a gaming PC with Windows for lets say $2000 how much would a Mac with the same or equivalent Hardware cost?

I'm guessing it would cost around $8000 or more just for the OS.

If you're so in love with OS X why don't you just buy a normal Windows PC and install Hackintosh?

Apple makes some good products, but damn it isn't many of them. Save the world from Apple and their way of always being different. All of those Mac nerds at my school can't use their Mac at school because Macs aren't compatible with anything, not even the simplest thing as a text file.

I had to download a special designed program for (One of my friends is a Mac nerd) converting Mac .docx files to windows .docx files because Apple can't make their programs convert it properly.

I even had to install Windows XP on a partition on my friends Mac, I wanted to install Windows 7 for him but guess what, his $700 Mac only had 1 GB Ram and a 1.5 GHz single core processor, It's maybe an year old.

Apple rips you of my friends buy or build yourself a gaming computer for the same price as a Mac with specs of Computer worth $400

I'm done here.

Grandfishk
Grandfishk
76 posts
Nomad

The everlasting discussion will go on, so I think it's time for...
http://www.comon.dk/polopoly_fs/Fanboys-1.250465.html!/image/3394787310.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_470/3394787310.jpg

Mac isn't working well together with Windows, no. But Windows isn't working well with Mac either, aye? They're not exactly supposed to work together, they're not like cheese and crackers - which works pretty darn good together, hehe ^^

Showing 31-45 of 69