ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMayfest -- NEW Tournament! CANCELLED: Please read pg. 2

46 14147
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap

The hammering struck clearly on the balmy Spring day two weeks past the official start of the season. Of course, no one would heed the diminutive rabbit as he hastened to the next post with rodentlike fluidity. But he wasn't a rodent. He was a rabbit, or possibly a hare. No one knew for sure which, but that didn't matter. What mattered were the posters he had posted up all along the ways and thoroughfares of Armor Games.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/mayfest.png

~~~Mayfest 2010~~~

Yes! Mayfest is coming! This is a new tournament for characters like you to participate, have fun, and be creative. So what is the point of this Mayfest? I'm sure there's a pamphlet somewhere around here. Hmm... Rotten Parsnips! I left them at home. But be prepared for 7 rounds of challenges that will award one winner the Grand Pies!

- Mayfest is hosted by the Rabbit Guy, and yes, he can ban you for inappropriate behavior. In-universe actions do not necessarily translate to real world actions unless you blatantly break AG rules.

- Mayfest is set up entirely within the Arts Plaza, so there's lots of space to move around and no blockage of streets. The layout of the Festival and activities will be detailed in the Mayfest pamphlet.

- Mayfest challenges will start before May 1st and run until about mid-August real time, so please make sure you have time to participate before you apply. In-universe time is 7 days, however, so it will start on May 1st and end on May 7th even though it's August. That means each round is one day.

- Deadline to apply for the main plot will be Saturday the 17th. This is a strict deadline, as the first challenge starts before the start of the Festival. All other deadlines are flexible (but I wouldn't encourage being late for the first challenge. ;D) due to final exams and whatnot because I've got exams too!

- Writing, drawing, animating, etc. (any or a mix of all) is a must for contestants. Creativity is encouraged all around.

- There will be eliminations. The process of elimination may change depending on the challenge.

- There are perks for non-contesting participants and eliminated contestants, such as King/Queen for a Day.

*** Did I mention hidden prizes? Yes, there will be hidden challenges that may earn you extra points, so keep an open mind and a wary eye out.

~~~For Contestants~~~

Contestants will enter into the official competition for the grand prize and face challenges that may result in their elimination!

Please include the following in your application:
- Image of your character - basic and distinguishing physical features of your character
- Physical description of your character - height, weight, fitness, etc. and more detailed information on physical appearance and physical attributes
- Identity of your character - name, age, etc.
- Personality of your character - Include favorite and least foods of your character, include types of pies, reasons for like and dislike are a bonus and can be added to background
- Background of your character -

Basically the official AG characters template, but please do not post your character there even if you are approved for Mayfest. That thread is managed by the Ninja Horse, not the Rabbit Guy. You will need approval from Strop to post there.

Please also include the phrase "My name is _____ and I want the pies!" in your application to denote your status as an applicant for the contests. Fill in the line with the name of the character. This also proves that you have at least read this portion of the post. :P

~~~Other Participants~~~

Mayfest is open to everyone, not just challengers! There will be opportunities for cameo roles, but you still need to submit an application. Participants are not part of the official competition for the grand prize.

Contestants have until Saturday the 17th AG time to apply, to allow for character tweaks and the first challenge, as the first round of Mayfest will start on the the 1st of May.

• 46 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Look it up, Armpit. The Wikipedia article was actually quite amusing.

- Richard Krogh
Only word I didn't know in that was lough. I don't recall ever seeing it used.
Showing 46-46 of 46