ForumsArt, Music, and WritingCollaboration Competition - Theme: Mead (page 17)

190 47476
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Well I know there are plenty of contests about drawing and the Art Skills Competition overshadows most of them leaving to wither away, a few manage survive because of dedicated judges...

So My goal is not to create an art thread based on a single individuals capabilities but rather a contest based on teamwork and communication. So I shall introduce the rules specified to this competition:

1. Entries is to be created between 2 or more individuals, teams sizes do not matter but take in consideration more people usually means more problems...

2.A team must declare its members before it is allowed to post any entries or rough works. Try to have some one post a list of whose in whose team...you can create a team name and even a logo, try to keep it relatively small, 150 by 300 or smaller would be acceptable

3. Team members are not allowed to switch to some one else's team, not until the next theme has be decided.

4. The Art must contain all artists sigs(signatures), that is anyone who contributed to the entry as proof of a collaboration.

5. Teams will have about 2 weeks to post their final entry.

Basic art forum rules apply like original work and no nudity and such...

The winning team will choose the next theme.

This thread will accept rough drafts/unfinished entry posts and support communication between the artists but is not necessary to any collaboration. I'm promoting this because I would like to see discussions related to the topic of the thread rather then other things...though theres a chance of it leading to other things.

Theme One : Dragons

• 190 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Well, I can't embed the image here because it's too wide, and I can't upload to photobucket because I know PB will alter my image for sure... so here's a link to DeviantART instead.

That's the entry!

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I should point out that if it were of Ganticesque proportions you would also note/make a reference pointing out that Long Dragon is, according to myth, the Yangtze River.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/3751/wegunnawin.png

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I should point out that if it were of Ganticesque proportions you would also note/make a reference pointing out that Long Dragon is, according to myth, the Yangtze River.

*wap*

I should have known.

But a cursorary search of the internet doesn't yield any references to confirm this. Got a source?
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

But a cursorary search of the internet doesn't yield any references to confirm this. Got a source?

It's "The Four Dragons" or something like that. There's the Long Dragon, Black Dragon, Pearl Dragon, and Yellow Dragon. If you searched Yangtze, it might not come up with anything since Chang Jiang means Long River.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Got it. Learn something new every day!

(I have no idea how I could simply integrate that into the picture though. Why am I reminded of this?)

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

You guys are weird

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

We know you all have been waiting for this. Or, wel like to assume that, at least.
The awesome.
The us.
OddMonsterProductions!
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/HowToBeAwesome.png

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

*cough* The totally official entry. *cough*

Dragon design credits to a certain company.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Could you guys selectively breed the odd monsters and send me a pygmy odd monster?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Like this? *holds up a mazzelh*

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

No, I already got a mazzelh. Remember? Now I wanna pygmy odd monster, like the one you guys drew in the collab ^_^

TotallySane
TotallySane
643 posts
Nomad

Yes! Best idea ever, and I don't say that a lot, because I don't really say anything. Anyways, sign up me and Cholo as Team Fsjal. We've basically already won, so I understand if any other teams would like to withdraw, and I am perfectly fine with this. Don't feel bad about it, keep your dignity.

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

I made my team another logo.
Go Team Pencil Biters!
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/098/a/6/Team_Logo_by_Hectichermit.png
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3504/teampencilbiterslogo2.png

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad