ForumsProgramming Forum[GUIDE] BB Code Guide v4.1

284 243208
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I went ahead and finally made this small update to v4.0 of the guide with a few typo fixes and I added a missing step to the button guide

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/BBcodeguide41.png

Enjoy!

• 284 Replies
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

In b4knight

Very Nice. I can't work out what you've changed, but very nice.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Nice work Crimson.

There are three other BB code things you can do here which I've noticed, which aren't mentioned.

- You can post images in Messengers and game feedback areas, with the appropriate tag. They won't be scaled down however.

- You can make URL links in Messengers and game feedback areas by posting the URL without the tags.

- You can also retrieve the URL of images you want to post by clicking on the image, waiting for it to load on a blank page and using the URL located in the address bar of the page. Also, in case clicking on the image doesn't load it in its own page, or doesn't work, you can right click on the image and select the "Copy Image Location", "Copy Image URL" or "Copy Shortcut" selections for Firefox, Chrome and IE respectively. I've noticed some people don't know how to, but most do anyway.

Just a few observations I've made. The first two are the more obscure ones.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Nice job Crimson...

If people are worried that their BBcode won't work, use the following site...

BBcode Tester

I use it for my judgings...

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Nice work Crimson.

There are three other BB code things you can do here which I've noticed, which aren't mentioned.

- You can post images in Messengers and game feedback areas, with the appropriate tag. They won't be scaled down however.

- You can make URL links in Messengers and game feedback areas by posting the URL without the tags.

- You can also retrieve the URL of images you want to post by clicking on the image, waiting for it to load on a blank page and using the URL located in the address bar of the page. Also, in case clicking on the image doesn't load it in its own page, or doesn't work, you can right click on the image and select the "Copy Image Location", "Copy Image URL" or "Copy Shortcut" selections for Firefox, Chrome and IE respectively. I've noticed some people don't know how to, but most do anyway.

Just a few observations I've made. The first two are the more obscure ones.

I will make note of these things if/when I ever make a v4.2, but for right now I am taking a small break from editing it. I may create a a new section for special information, such as what you have noted.

Nice job Crimson...

If people are worried that their BBcode won't work, use the following site...

BBcode Tester

I use it for my judgings...

I like the BB Code Tester, except I couldn't get the url BB code to work on it, which means it may not have that one on their, but I haven't had a chance to test all of them out on it. Still this should help to cut down on people testing within the thread hopefully.
RenegadePlayer
RenegadePlayer
684 posts
Nomad

you confused me with colors... [red]like this[/red] maybe?

RenegadePlayer
RenegadePlayer
684 posts
Nomad

[red]like this? like this?[/red] [red text]like this maybe?[/red text]

RenegadePlayer
RenegadePlayer
684 posts
Nomad

i understand the red and blue and green in your guide but how did you do it :P [r]red[/r] with an r, but b is bold so that doesnt work... [g]green[/g] my head hurts

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

you confused me with colors...

Did you bother reading the key that tells you what those colors stand for? Also any BB codes that let you change the color of your text are not allowed on AG and so they do not work. You can look at version 3.0 of my guide to look at how the color BB code is done though. Its in the "Other Known BB Codes". You can have a look at it here:

BB Code Guide v3.0
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I will make note of these things if/when I ever make a v4.2, but for right now I am taking a small break from editing it. I may create a a new section for special information, such as what you have noted.

Alright, looks good. I'll be posted.

Hey Crimson, if AG 3.0 comes along, you think you'll make another guide? I'm guessing it'll have better BB Code support.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Hey Crimson, if AG 3.0 comes along, you think you'll make another guide? I'm guessing it'll have better BB Code support.

I am hoping some more codes will be compatible and if they are, then yes I will make a new guide when I have the time. It would be 5.0 of the guide though.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I am hoping some more codes will be compatible and if they are, then yes I will make a new guide when I have the time. It would be 5.0 of the guide though.

Yep, it would. And I am very certain that there WILL some more compatibility.

I look forward to that and a future guide of yours.
XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

i know how to do that already but it is a great guide

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

i know how to do that already but it is a great guide

Yes well the guide was made for people who don't know how to do all of this already now is it not?
Nater
Nater
1,298 posts
Nomad
Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,421 posts
Nomad

Finally I can use all the codes I want.

Showing 1-15 of 284