Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

Armor Games Chat?

Posted Apr 13, '08 at 3:05pm

Calm

Calm

981 posts

Knight

I understand you and share your feeling, but the forums are made for these kind of discussions.
We established the chatroom so that users can talk to each other about anything they like (as long as it fits in the rules of course) without spamming user boards.

Too many users have achieved a high position in ranking simply because thay caht a lot with other users. we believe this is not right and that users shoudn't get points for messages like "Hi, How are you doing?", ect.
That's the main reason of the existence of thesse chatrooms.

But I agree they're not as good as they could be. I hope Dan will solve this soon.

Posted Apr 13, '08 at 3:08pm

Calm

Calm

981 posts

Knight

@ XCoheedX

I wouldnt say that the higher ranked forums are more mature...
At least it's not the case in the lords'room

Posted Apr 13, '08 at 3:08pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,296 posts

Knight

Nick was explaining how people will stay in the forums to debate thigns and have intelligent conversations because they will get points, and that everyone who wants to goof off will go to the chat rooms.

I do not see a reason in the world why we could not have a chat room set up for intelligent conversation. I am all for being rewarded but people are wanting points for every good deed or smart comment they make. Can't we have smart conversations or good deeds that are done for the purpose of being a good person or smart and not to gain points?

Posted Apr 13, '08 at 3:09pm

XCoheedX

XCoheedX

1,061 posts

Well, the higher ranked forums are a bit more mature. I'm sure most of the annoyance is on the serfs and squires. I think diffeent rooms should be made in the lower levels because there are alot more of them.
I don't think any rewards should be given in the chatroom. This gives mods alot more work to do, and the chat is just for small talk, or just talking.

Posted Apr 13, '08 at 3:10pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,296 posts

Knight

Sorry, I have just been frustrated about people saying "well we would be smart and helpful but we want points for doing so."

It is realy eating at me. = /

Posted Apr 13, '08 at 3:12pm

ngfan14

ngfan14

937 posts

I actually only found the armor chat room yesterday. But when I went on there was only one person. Do you get points for chatting? If not then that might be why more people spend time in the community.

Posted Apr 13, '08 at 3:16pm

Calm

Calm

981 posts

Knight

I agree with you NoNameC68
But unfortunately most users don't share our points of view.
it might change soon enough though...

Posted Apr 13, '08 at 3:20pm

Tydus

Tydus

264 posts

I'm actually going to be working with Asherlee and Daniel to clean up the chat if I get the chance. It truly does have a lot of potential.

Posted Apr 13, '08 at 3:20pm

mrtim

mrtim

2,907 posts

@ngfan14: no, you do not get points for chatting, the whole point of chat rooms are so that users may spam anything they like, following the rules, without losing/gaining any AP...also people can just chat about anything they want in chat room...

Posted Apr 13, '08 at 3:22pm

Spartan

Spartan

2,924 posts

Ya I tried it yesterday but olny one person was thier

Reply to Armor Games Chat?

You must be logged in to post a reply!