ForumsWEPRThe NEW parents

33 7736
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

Ok so it seems that parents today are too protective of their kids, and if one thing heppens to their kid(s) than they will sue everyone in sight. This really is not good for kids, because they are not learning to be able to take an insult, and when they are on their own, will basicly go crazy because they can't handle the pressures, for being babied all their life.I know kids in elementary school that can't play tag, because its counted as hitting each other, and not allowed to play catch, because it is counted as throwing something at someone, and its because if anything happens to the kid the parent will sue the school. What do people think of this bit of ignorance

• 33 Replies
ngfan14
ngfan14
875 posts
Shepherd

I noticed that too. A lot of parents are becoming too protective and kind of greedy.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Haha, that sounds sort of like my parents. They think everyone on this site is a stalker, and they just barely let me stay on. They won't let me make an email because I had to email nick_coolhaha something, but they thought he was the leader of all stalkers! LOL
Some of the parent's on my highscholl football team, pulled off their sons because football is "not safe" Well maybe it isn't 100% safe, but you got to let your kids grow up!

ngfan14
ngfan14
875 posts
Shepherd

My parents don't really like me being on here or on newgrounds because they think everybody is a child molester on the internet. I think most parents are becoming too over protective. I'm about to turn 15 and they are worrying about me leaving posts on armor games.

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

ya, i can understand newgrounds, but this is one of the most family friendly sites on the internet.
its just parents wont let their kids grow

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

I totally agree. I even through the whole speech on how I know what and what not to put on the internet. Have any of you taken that little unit in health class about internet stalkers? What do you think that is for?? I am surely old enough and smart enough, but they just won't budge!

drainslug
drainslug
48 posts
Nomad

i'm a UK and i'm under 16 and my parents are completly obliviouse to where i am most of the time, and i love it, its not like they neglect me they just respect me and know i'll do it anyway and so i may aswell be allowed to do it with their blessing so to speak, but yes its not to say all UKs are like that

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Dont feel bad im not even allowed to watch Superbad

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

ya, my parents arn't as bad as the SUE SUE SUE parents, but they come close

garifu
garifu
145 posts
Shepherd

Whew, I just missed that era. When I was in that teenager age group, parents were still mostly oblivious to what happened on the net, and I wasn't stifled in any way. But then, I grew up before video games were as huge as they are now. Genesis just isn't the same as XboX 360, know what I mean?

Ohhh, the 90's. *Sigh*

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

My parents dont understand that somebody saying .... or a naked person in a movie isnt gonna kill me

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I am sure that parents now-a-days are so susceptible media that it's unbelievable. They will see 60 minutes about violent video games, 48 Hours about internet predators, MSNBC about kids being kidnapped, and local news about drugs and schools shootings.

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

@ dirkpitt, me neither i haven't gotten to see it
@ asherlee, yes this may be one of the main reasons that they do go crazy if something little happens

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

i dont wanna see superbad but theres no way my prents would let me

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Serb, you do have a freedom of speech and I also have the power to delete posts that I believe to be inappropriate. When you make such an uprising with ignorant and rude claims then consider me the peacemaker. Your intolerance is isn't warranted. If you don't agree with it, then post on another site.

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

ya, things like sombebody cracking on someone, will build character and will prevent people from having a mental breakdown when they are older

Showing 1-15 of 33