ForumsArt, Music, and WritingFallenSky's Pencil Art Thread

160 34151
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

This is a thread where Fallen'll be posting his pencil works. Fallen is very open to constructive criticism, and will refer all impolite people to the rules of conduct of this Ag section.
Without any further ado, Fallen will post a Blazingly hot Flareon upon this page.
http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww135/FallenSky/ScorchingFlareonV2.jpg

Hope this works, Fallen is so bad at this...

• 160 Replies
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

FallenSky thanks MoonFairy for both her kind words and her understanding of Fallen's situation.
Thus, he will dedicate this one to her.

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww135/FallenSky/img006.jpg

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Woah! Really cool. Thanks for dedicating one to me. ^.^ Really good job on this one. I can barely ever get the hair right lol XD And you dont ALWAYS have to talk in 3rd person. lol. Mr.Pockets is cool, but I don't think that he would kick you out just cause you don't a few times. I don't unless I am talking to the people in the 3rd Person club, and I am not kicked out. Unless you like to talk in 3rd person. oooooo i am getting off topic, This is amazing! You signature kinda looks like it says elf XD

buenothebear
buenothebear
261 posts
Nomad

Decent drawing you have so far FS!

Flareon
Really like this one. The shading is good, but you may have overused it in some spots, such as Flareon's mane. Good detail, but one thing I would have done would be make his tail a tiny bit shorter and further under him (to make it look more in the middle).

Cubone
Not my favorite of what you've shown. The shading is just right here, not too much, to too little. Amazing bone/staff thing ( :P ). It really looks nice. The one thing that I really really dislike is his throat. It's so big! Makes him look fat, when he isn't (looking at his stomach)!!! I don't know, it just looks funny to me. . .

Bird
Not spending too much time reviewing this one, but good job on making it look like he's going at a fast speed. One thing that is very distracting to the eye is the bold cheek under his eye.

Snake
I enjoy looking at this. As someone said before me, it looks very abstract, that's why I love it. But like Flareon, too much shading. Also, I couldn't tell if his eyes were closed or you forgot to add pupils. Lastly, his ear is a little small on his head.

Hands
Good photo manipulation, was definitely something different for me. The hands themselves are wonderful, no complaints. Except the fact that the look connected!!!! What's up with that? Plus, they are both left hands...

Kingdom Hearts
Definitely my favorite. Looks so nice with the bold pencil. Wondeful drawing. My only concern was the signature, if you made it smaller, that would be nice.

Can't wait to see more.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

The kingdom hears is really good, and contrary to bueno I believe the signature is the defining aspect of the drawing and MoonFairy is right it dose look a little like it says elf...

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

If you scanned these and added some color it would be really cool. what will the next one be?!

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

I'm not saying it has to be. Don't be such a smartie pants :P It would just add some spice to it. Does it HAVE to be all pencil? He could of outlined some of it with a bit of pen or whatever. Geezus.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

FallenSky has to say that he is unable to use any color ^^. He don't think that his coloring skills match his drawing ones, thus he don't want to impede his pencil arts.
Maybe he'll try someday though.
As for the huge signatures, they were made when FallenSky was pretty young and had not yet found his own artist signature. You'll notice the more dicreet ones on the first few drawings.
Here is something to make you wait a little.
Fallen has noticed that you like these kind of drawing, even though this one came a little pale on the scanner.
This is Ciel.

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww135/FallenSky/img005.jpg

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

FallenSky has decided that his next post will be a Guilty Gear accent core drawing, depicting such characters as Slayer, Robo-ky, Chipp, Milia and even Zappa! Of course, it is also an old one so please be indulgent^^.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

bravo, that picture was excellent the faded pieces came put perfectly it almost looks like concept art. By the way the third person speech is getting really annoying, though you should know that.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

He is in the 3rd person club Kyo. He has to talk like that. Mr.Pockets does it all the time and no one complains about him. >.> And this is really amazing. the shading is brilliant! Can't wait to see another masterpeice! ^^

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

Better on the hatching part, i'd like to see more hatching and less smudging/ coloring with the side of the pencil. I mean there is a reason why artists like sharper pencils instead of dull ones, because they want the viewers to see the hatch marks, and have their eyes resolve the picture. in effect it becomes an optical illusion.

good job

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

Don't worry about me, I know how to to hatch DDX ^^. These are old drawings I made some years ago so hopefully the new ones will be better. I'll try hard to hatch beautifully for you next time.
Thanks for the constructive criticsim anyways.
I'm dropping the third person speech except when talking to someone of the third person club. I think I'm annoying a lot of people .
So here, GG drawing for you. This one is a little overworked, but after having drawn on the whole sheet for hours, I just couldn't start anew for Chipp's face :P. Made this one some three years ago.

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww135/FallenSky/img004.jpg

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

Here is a pen drawing (Omg!) I made in a little cafe some time ago instead of doing whatever important thing I was supposed to, like going to a class or something like that. It is a little hand practice^^.

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww135/FallenSky/img003-1.jpg

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

I'll try to make the next drawing a more dynamic one. A fight maybe? Hmmmmm...Does anybody have an idea? What about pitching megaman against...ray..man?!?...Ugh...give me an idea or I'll really do it.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

Might be interesting, been a while since I draw any robot. I'll inform myself on these and I'll see what I can do. (I don't like action movies all that much so I've seen neither of those two ^^.)

Showing 16-30 of 160