ForumsArt, Music, and WritingFallenSky's Pencil Art Thread

160 34149
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

This is a thread where Fallen'll be posting his pencil works. Fallen is very open to constructive criticism, and will refer all impolite people to the rules of conduct of this Ag section.
Without any further ado, Fallen will post a Blazingly hot Flareon upon this page.
http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww135/FallenSky/ScorchingFlareonV2.jpg

Hope this works, Fallen is so bad at this...

• 160 Replies
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

Wow I love your Artwork! Absolutely wonderful! You have talent!

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

Yeah, I think Dan'll be glad about that one too ^^.
It's yet again an old though, keep that in mind.

JereN
JereN
189 posts
Peasant

wasn't that guy on page 9 called Captain Harloc...oh he was...just checked :P but when you say parents were young...so didn't they make that series in the 80's ? or was it already 70's?

anyways for those who don't know about it so here is the picture
here

anyways I really like your work fallen

TRUdog
TRUdog
1,032 posts
Nomad

Hmm... that picture you just posted kind of looks like Link in wolf form:

http://www.dragoart.com/tuts/pics/9/1453/6113/how-to-draw-wolf-link-from-twilight-princess-step-6.jpg
See what I mean?

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

Sincerly, it is a complete coincidence. Even though I like your thourough concern I would have prefered if you had posted a link instead of a pic.
As for JereN, his name is really ALbator but as I said, this show may not have been aired in the states...

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

And By the way, I don't know who's this drako fella, but he lacks substance and precision in his traits, I don't like really appreciate that picture of wolf link...Wolf link looks more...dignified.

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

ut he lacks substance and precision in his traits

you hvae to remember hes using a drawing program and not a pencil.
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

Even so, if he's got the skill to do that, adding depth and details shouldn't be that hard. If he was too lazy to do it then it's as sad as drawing without the spirit.
And are you sure DDX? I thought he was using a Drawing Pad...

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

erm, i'm guessing the above picture wasn't drawn by you... Im too lazy to go back through teh pages.

CruelAce
CruelAce
71 posts
Nomad

Wow, you're amazing!
My favorite was definitely the Cubone.
I liked the shading, and the details put on his skeleton mask.

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

And are you sure DDX? I thought he was using a Drawing Pad..

yea thats what I mean, shading is a bit harder in a prgram, even when using a pad thing
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

Even so, seeing how he's able to do finer traits even with a pad, it'd been easy to hack a little here and there...Ah, anyhow, here's a little perspective work I made with a sharpener, too me about 10-15 minutes.
Note that the hacking's not looking as smooth as it should since I'm using photobucket's autofix option to make it look darker for the thread.
Anyways...Sharpener....

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww135/FallenSky/img001-1-1.jpg

Now as I promised to you, and since the thread has grown, I'll choose one reasinable suggestion weekly and I'll try to do draw it for you, so when you comment, feel free to tell me what uoi would like to see me draw ^^.

Also, for those who have missed some works, there's a nice drawing on page 10 that needs to be seen. I feel it has been skipped since the thread's expanding pretty fast ^^.
Thank you all, keep coming please!

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

Nice sharpener! It looks darn close to the real thing. The screws look very real...

I'll choose one reasinable suggestion weekly and I'll try to do draw it for you

Ok... I want you to draw a river going through mountains. A bit like this, although that doesn't have to be the motive.

The reason I'm saying that is because I had to draw that for Art class with oil paints (my water was awesome, but the mountains could've been rainbow crystals).
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

Well, I officially announce the art suggestion thread open, I'll be your artist!
Now Ulimited, I'll ponder that after having some more entries, but you'll surely have the honor of being the very first to have his suggestion drawn. It will be in pencil however ^^.
Thanks for the great comments!

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

After having some suggestions, I'll announce the beggining of the first week.
I'll try my best to make a drawing of your suggestions each week, it'll prove to be quite a good practice for me since I don't draw all that often.
You're free to keep your suggestions or make new ones for the next week if I don't take yours; the criterias are decency, originality and of course, interest on my part ^^.

Showing 91-105 of 160