ForumsWEPRHow is not being christain weird?

147 21441
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

ok, so as ive posted before i am forced to go to church and all, well today i was going into the youth wing of the church and the usual greetings, same people etc. except today someone brought up something about all other religions are stupid, and everyone in them is stupid. well this made me very mad (because yes i am an athiest), and i said: what makes you so certain that god is true, and i tried to explain that they were not being fair, suddenly for some reason i was being called weird...by everyone. so i was spending the entire 3 hours i was there listening to people call me weird and trying to explain other views on life. so this is what i want to know, how is having another view on life weird?

• 147 Replies
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

ya, well that makes since

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

At any rate still waiting on the question of, where is the ice-age in the bible? We know it happened but in the bible there is no metion of it.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Who said that the ice age s in the bible?

dgw91
dgw91
35 posts
Nomad

@swift the people who said you were weird said it beacuse they were probably raised that way and probably didn't really know what they were talking about.

@strategy guy there are two possible answers to your ice age question one is that because at that time the world couldn't communicate with each other the people who originally wrote the bible didn't have access to the information to the ice age or The after the great the earths volcanoes reawakened and for several years would have been stuck drifting in the earths atmosphere reflecting the suns light back in space therefore cooling the earth enough to create an ice age.

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

Actually there is historical proof that Jesus was a real man who did extraordinary things, there just is no evidence that says he is the Son of God. That, my friend, is when religion/other beliefs comes into play, and you personally have to decide what you want to believe.

As far as the Ice Age goes, I do not really care if it is not mentioned (I do not think it is); just because something is not mentioned, does not mean that the Bible claims it never happened.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

I have a story for you on the topic of religion- My church pastor took a trip to Guatemala to start up his second church and preach to the Guatemalish (Guatemalans) He saw a dying man and prayed over him right as he fell to the floor, seemingly dead. Now can you explain to me how he got back up 10 seconds later and started dancing for joy?

dgw91
dgw91
35 posts
Nomad

I didnt read over my post well and since there is no edit button I need to say that in the beggining of the second reason it needs to say After the great flood the earths... then the rest seems right I could be wrong though writing has never been my strong point

garifu
garifu
145 posts
Shepherd

Possible explanations for the "dying man"

1. a miracle
2. he was faking it
3. it's a made up story
4. he wasn't really dead. maybe he fainted, maybe he had hypoglycemia, epilepsy, narcolepsy, etc. Was a doctor there to verify?

I imagine it was choice 4, but I wasn't there, and I don't have his medical history in front of me.

Shouldn't there be a special forum section for people to post religious topics? Because this topic title is not related to the posts anymore, which is misleading to people looking for threads to respond to.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Well what i mean is he passed out and then woke up like 10 seconds later. I think it was choice 1, cause my pastor got p.oed becasue i lied to him about nothing once

dcfb312
dcfb312
203 posts
Nomad

I'm christian and I believe that some people think different things about religion and that you should accept people's beleif.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Right on, Coheed. I, unfortunately for your thinking, don't think Jesus is the son of God.

Anyway, The Ice Age was 10000 Years ago to "Scientific" Proof, so, I dont' know where thats going.

Also, I could bring up a religion war, if you're really dying for one. I really could, no trouble at all. xP

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

No please dont we have enough of those and ill just get pissed

Showing 136-147 of 147