ForumsWEPRHow is not being christain weird?

147 21432
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

ok, so as ive posted before i am forced to go to church and all, well today i was going into the youth wing of the church and the usual greetings, same people etc. except today someone brought up something about all other religions are stupid, and everyone in them is stupid. well this made me very mad (because yes i am an athiest), and i said: what makes you so certain that god is true, and i tried to explain that they were not being fair, suddenly for some reason i was being called weird...by everyone. so i was spending the entire 3 hours i was there listening to people call me weird and trying to explain other views on life. so this is what i want to know, how is having another view on life weird?

• 147 Replies
opentotruth
opentotruth
473 posts
Peasant

well asherlee u make some good points its not a complete agnostic view of things. But for me i dont beilive in god or anything but i dont care if people do. I only get made when people who do try telling me that im wrong. serb ur the reason why some people hate christainy you think only your way is right and arent open to any other way of thinking

SerbWarrior
SerbWarrior
38 posts
Nomad

Oh God...
Very well...
What ever you say...
I just said that i find iy ofensive when someone comes here says:
Im an atheist...
Meaning i dont believe in God...
Its like laughing in my face and saying you are stupid...
But whatever have it your way...

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Serb my best friend is an atheist and im a Christian but i dont get angry just cause hes an atheist, people have different beliefs, Swift wasnt personally trying to insult you he was just stating his beliefs. He has every right to and i dont think you should be offended

opentotruth
opentotruth
473 posts
Peasant

exactly everyone is going to have different beilifes and thier is nothing that anyone can do about but to accept it and move on.

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

serb, im not trying to say hey god doesn't exist!, im just saying that i don't belive he doesn't, what you want to belive is what you want to belive, and if you do get offended (i don't know how) then don't post here

opentotruth
opentotruth
473 posts
Peasant

i dont think its fair to call anyone weird for what they beilive in. Both sides are going to think the other is wrong but just yelling at those who think different than you do is never going solve anything. And its a problem this world needs to get over

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

although its 1 think to state your beliefs, and a whole nother to completely come down on somebody elses

Gorks
Gorks
132 posts
Nomad

non christians arent weird, most of us arent religous, if anything, christians are weird.

opentotruth
opentotruth
473 posts
Peasant

lol switch has some good points. just let people beilive in what they want to beilive

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

But not all Christians do that Switch, but some bashj other religions and thats why im dissappointed with Christianity and what its become

SerbWarrior
SerbWarrior
38 posts
Nomad

Ok i think every religion is more or less right...
I dont think Christianity is the only right one...
I think that if you are a good human being you go to Heaven in any religion...(that means im going to hell,oh well in Heaven its nice but in Hell is the crew ;D (bad joke)
Though im more or less sure that Qua ran states that if you dont kill a non muslim you dont get in...
Maybe im wrong dont know...
But i did hear about the 62 virgins thing...
And im not ignorant...well maybe just a little!

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

@ switchfoot, ha ya i guess you would think thats weird, and the religious discrimination, im not trying to bash anyone, just how sometimes people can act very closeminded

opentotruth
opentotruth
473 posts
Peasant

stuff like this is always going to happen and i can only hope one day people wont be so one sided about everything

SerbWarrior
SerbWarrior
38 posts
Nomad

Switch foot dude
Yea you think you will win...?
Wanna bet?

SerbWarrior
SerbWarrior
38 posts
Nomad

Asherlee
So MY PEOPLE ARE A CLOSED POPULATION IS THAT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING?
HM IS THAT IT?
COME ON TELL ME...
MY PEOPLE ARE RETARDS,OR MAYBE SCARED OF THE WORLD?
HM?
YES OR NO QUESTION...

Showing 16-30 of 147