ForumsWEPRHow is not being christain weird?

147 21446
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

ok, so as ive posted before i am forced to go to church and all, well today i was going into the youth wing of the church and the usual greetings, same people etc. except today someone brought up something about all other religions are stupid, and everyone in them is stupid. well this made me very mad (because yes i am an athiest), and i said: what makes you so certain that god is true, and i tried to explain that they were not being fair, suddenly for some reason i was being called weird...by everyone. so i was spending the entire 3 hours i was there listening to people call me weird and trying to explain other views on life. so this is what i want to know, how is having another view on life weird?

• 147 Replies
dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

its not wierd at all, really Christians dont and shouldnt act like that, being a Christian is about acceptance and equality, not prejudice

ngfan14
ngfan14
875 posts
Shepherd

I think the people you were talking to just had some weird ideas. I am Christian and at my church we don't say other religions are stupid we just ignore them and follow our own religion. I don't think it is right to interfere with other peoples' beliefs.

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

oh, and also im not bashing christains, its just how they act sometimes

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

I am a Christian and I understand your beliefs. These people really need to think because religion can bring offense to many people. Just because you believe something different, does NOT give them the right to call you weird. I would just give them a punch to the face! Seriously!
@SerbWarrior HE IS NOT BASHING CHRISTIANS!!!! You obviously have no feelings for other's religions. I think it should be YOU that is banned from religion!

opentotruth
opentotruth
473 posts
Peasant

im agnostic myself so i understand both sides of the argument. let people beilive in what they want to.

SerbWarrior
SerbWarrior
38 posts
Nomad

Jesus Christ i said that anyone can follow any religion they want...
But this dude thinks God dosent exist...
I dont care how you look at it thats an insult to me...
If you dont believe in God go to an atheist group or where ever and tell THEM...
Because i dont care of your believes...
And IT DOES INSULT PEOPLE!
When you post it so publicly not knowing how many people are religious on this site...
That was attack on all religions not just Christianity!

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

well, i live in the southern bible belt, everyones got to be a christain! beliving area

drainslug
drainslug
48 posts
Nomad

my family is really open my dad goes to a Buhhdist center and meditates, i am slightly athesist but sort of belive in everything but nothing at the same time which is a bit weird

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

@ Daswiftarrow

Please go read the topic: The Lord's Boot Camp. In there we are talking about how youth that grow up in religious households are molded to think in one way. This is the age that your minds are being molded. It's hard for them to think outside of the box, and in combination of that and immaturity will produce that scenario you are in. The best thing to do in a situation like that is take a Socratic approach. Wiki that.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

@ opentotruth

That wouldn't necessarily be an agnostic view. It isn't that you can see both sides, exactly.

SerbWarrior
SerbWarrior
38 posts
Nomad

Listen dude...
You said that God does not exist,you said you were an atheist...
Now im very religious and thats offensive to me...
I mean He gave you life and this is how you repay him...
In the end i dont give a *$@% how you look at it...
Its more than logical that God exists!

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

I am totally with you, swiftarrow. Like someone said before, Christianity is about accepting everybody and their religions. This serbwarrior guy is just a bit ignorant. Everyone can believe what they want. You are the one offending swift!

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

@ ashlerlee, thanks i will search it up
@ serbwarrior, what how is this offending, im just explaining how people tend to try to bash people for having diffrent ideas

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Serb this is exactly what swift was posting about in the first place, and for a strong christian youre really not acting like one

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Serb, stop being so nonsensical. Your attempt to get a rise out of people is tired. I don't want to continue to follow behind you and delete your posts, but I will if I need to. So, just take it down a few notches and be more open-minded, please. KTHX

Showing 1-15 of 147