ForumsWEPRHow is not being christain weird?

147 21444
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

ok, so as ive posted before i am forced to go to church and all, well today i was going into the youth wing of the church and the usual greetings, same people etc. except today someone brought up something about all other religions are stupid, and everyone in them is stupid. well this made me very mad (because yes i am an athiest), and i said: what makes you so certain that god is true, and i tried to explain that they were not being fair, suddenly for some reason i was being called weird...by everyone. so i was spending the entire 3 hours i was there listening to people call me weird and trying to explain other views on life. so this is what i want to know, how is having another view on life weird?

• 147 Replies
Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

I think its retared when a person tries to force a religion on you. I agree with hojoko when it comes to freedom to choose a religion.
To Armed_Blade: "Religion isn't the reason Wars begin." thats not entirly true. The crusades were started over religion, it quickly turned into a land, money and power battle but it was started over religion. There have been a few wars over religion but it is still no reason to put someone down and it certainly gives no reason to force it on someone.

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

ya, all the comments are awsome, and skipper568865
has been posting ideas on my page, but thanks guys

turkishmaniaca
turkishmaniaca
155 posts
Nomad

How could a book with 1000+ pages being lieng? Listen. The Bible describes the "Last Days" as follows: There will be unholy and more demonic activites. Incest, animals and human relations, pedofolic sexual activities. (Sounds like today? No?) It states that man will be greedy and not care for others as he cares for himself. "You should care for neighbors as you care for yourself." Really describes today? Yes. Now you'll probobly think of some reason that i'm wrong. But, if you actually flipped through it. You'd see all of it was correct scientificly and humainly. Now this religion takes faith. Not "I have to see it to believe it!". He did the best he could. He knew we would need something to feel and do to remember. He gave us communien. I don't know what to tell you, if you don't respect this comment and actually read the Bible.

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

To add to hojokos last statment: how do you explain dinasaurs? I haven't heard anything 'bout them in the bible.

hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

Look, Turkishmaniaca, a book over 1000 pages could easily lie. The Bible is a collection of stories, written over 2000 years ago, before anyone had a better explination. Also, if the Bible was written by different people in different generations, why has nobody put in a new entry in the past 2000 years?

P.S. If the Bible is true, how do you explain the bones of the ancient people that are dated to be over 30,000 years old?

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

It hard to really tell whats true isnt it, I guess well find out when we die right?

batistarocks6969
batistarocks6969
87 posts
Nomad

exaclty
you cant explain the dinosaurs, that is if the bible is real. its possble that Genesis is not in fact a literal account but if it was, then maybe the animals god created included the Dinosaurs but humans were non existent yet.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

the bible has dinosaurs in the book of Job

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Dirk, I just googled that to do some research and came across this website:

here

It is the biggest load of crap I've read in a while. It is beyond me how people can really think this way.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

ok first of all i dont see the link, and also if its going to insult christinity id rather not read it

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

The link is where the 'here' is. We are not insulting anyones religions we are simpliy disproving a statment. The little bit of that topic I read about makes no mention of the fact that a special matiarel can grow over bones and thing. I think is called a bactiaral covering I don't know exactly. An example of this is in Eygpt a scientist found a bird that was mummified. The bird was thousands of years old the wrappings around it were only a few hundreds. On closer examination she found a coting(I don't know how to spell it) that formed around the wraps. By the way what dinosaurs? All I've heard about there was a big fish thing.

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

I am not going to bother to read all of what that link Asherlee posted states, but the Bible does speak of dinosaurs - read Job for yourself if you do not believe it (not that I really care if you believe it or not). Chapter 40 tells of a creature similar to a Behemoth, which is in a sense an Apatosauros (or creature similar to one). Also, if my memory serves me, Chapter 41 talks of the Leviathan, or in simplier terms, a giant pliosaur/plesiosaur.

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

A whale could be a levathian to the people back then lol. A behemoth could be a elephant or a rhino. Would you claim that a 'Behemoth' or 'Leviathan' today would be a dinosaurs? These people would've had no idea what was going on back then and when some huge animal/fish, like I mentioned above, comes along they would go "OMG its a monster!"

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

Job 40:15-24- "Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox. Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly. He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron. He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him. Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play. He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens. The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about. Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth. He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares."

Does not sound like an elephant or any animal we have around today haha, but again, believe what you will.

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

Yes but again we are listing to an account of, probably, a scared indivual looking on a huge animal. I would probably exagerate what it looked like. Again we are taking about a guy who lives a long time in the past so he would describe it as best he can which would probably sound weird and unfamilar to our hears and eyes. Also the writers of these books look more into symbolism instead of fact-detail so we are probably getting a rough outline of the creature. Lastly many things in the bible don't sound like anything we ever heard of but they have exsited has normal things but as you said "believe what you will."

Showing 76-90 of 147