ForumsWEPRHow is not being christain weird?

147 21442
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

ok, so as ive posted before i am forced to go to church and all, well today i was going into the youth wing of the church and the usual greetings, same people etc. except today someone brought up something about all other religions are stupid, and everyone in them is stupid. well this made me very mad (because yes i am an athiest), and i said: what makes you so certain that god is true, and i tried to explain that they were not being fair, suddenly for some reason i was being called weird...by everyone. so i was spending the entire 3 hours i was there listening to people call me weird and trying to explain other views on life. so this is what i want to know, how is having another view on life weird?

• 147 Replies
Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

Before I get into this argument I'd like to say one thing: Congrats Switchfoot! Hope that you guys live long and hppy lives together! Now onto the topic at hand. What historical evidence do we have that Jesus lived? We have no tomb or anything. As for Noah we have proof that there was a massive flood, but I beleive that is from when the ice melted from the Ice-Age, but not that there was a man who built some big ark. Don't get anger at me for this post this is not my beleif.

g_dawg
g_dawg
20 posts
Nomad

it is stated in several documents, including the koran and torah, that jesus lived. as for the tomb, that's because he rose again three days after he died. they supposedly discovered the cloth he was wrapped in, can't quite remember what it's being called, the "shroud of (some jewish or hebrew word)". and there isn't enough water in the world to cover the mountains, even if all the ice in the world melted 8% of the world's surface would still be land.

g_dawg
g_dawg
20 posts
Nomad

i still believe in the flood, of course, just that their must have been divine intervention.

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

I never said that the flood never existed. I said we have no proof of any old guy and his sons making a Ark and collecting every animal and then setting sail after it rained. If 8% of the world would be uncovered wouldn't that explain how humans lived thourgh a flood without the big boat? Secondly, thats immpossible for the torah and koran to metition Jesus. The koran dosen't believe in Jesus. The torah only is the old-testment.

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

The torah (old testament) does mention Jesus, in theory, since it talks about the Son of God coming to earth in the flesh.

And by the way Coheed, the flood is a great reason as to how the dinosaurs died out, if you believe in the Bible that is.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

^ Good points right there!
We don't really have proof of the ark, but like Switch said there is evidense of the flood. It was also never said that ice melted. There was a flood, not a melting of glaciers and all of that. I don't totally believe he collected EVERY animal, but all of those that were called upon. Since this is a long time ago, those animals may have been different, because they might have evolved a little bit.

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

If the ice never melted then what happened to the ice from the ice-age. That question brings me to my next question: Where is the ice-age in the bible? The bible never talks of an ice-age.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

That is! But, this could also be another one of those symbolic stories, but then again there is proof of the flood.
@Strategy_guy, the ice has always been melting. Way back, there was way more ice of course, but over the many years it has melted. Global Warming, at this point is just speeding up the process.

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

it went from religion wars to people talking about the bible, well atleast everyones happy =D

redwinger333
redwinger333
339 posts
Nomad

Hey Strategy Guy,
The koran does mention jesus in it, since islam, judiasm and christianity all are based upon the same "God", but each just take a different look at things, such as how Jewish and Islamic people don't look at Jesus as a messiah, yet christians do. Im not at all religious, so imma stay outta the rest of this arguement... just picked up this info in a few classes ive taken in the past few years

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Wow I fell stupid, we are on the Islamic unit! The Islams do believe in God, but like red said, they all have their different views of the same people.

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

@Sting: It talks about him coming but is there any proof that he came?

@XCoheedX: Ok then, how do you answer my last question? Where is the ice-age in the bible?

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

Yea lol. This topic has changed a little, which normally happens, but we are still in the broad feild of Religion which christianity falls under which is in the topics name.

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

ya, i had just stated that people were criticizing me for being athiest, and suddenly it went to religion wars (and by the way i dont want any religion wars or flaming in my posts) and then to people talking about the bible, this happens alot in my posts...irony? well never know

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

Well luckly this theard has been very clam and we haven't had any real big fights. When you put a post up on religion there is a good chance that people will begin a 'religion war' or at least talk about the bible.

Showing 121-135 of 147