ForumsWEPRNight

13 5380
XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

I thought this book really hit me when I had to read it in English. It is pretty much the story of Ellie Viesel, and his life in the concentration camps. He is a real person, and accounted for the information in the book, so what happened is true.

I have read many Holocaust books, but none affected me emotinally like this one. I know some people don't really like to talk about books, but I want to know what you guys think.

• 13 Replies
ngfan14
ngfan14
875 posts
Shepherd

I've never heard of this book but it sounds interesting. I've read other books about people who were in concentration camps and they were good and it made me feel sorry for them for having to live like that. Can you tell me the author of the book?

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

It is by Jeffrey Rosenblatt, and Ellie Wiesel himself! It is also the winner of the Nobel Peace Prize!

garifu
garifu
145 posts
Shepherd

If you want to read a fiction novel about the holocaust era, nothing is more soul shattering than the painted bird. That story will make bits of you.

opentotruth
opentotruth
473 posts
Peasant

i personally lost distant relatives in this. and the horrors of those events always make me sad

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

It seems intersesting and a good book, Wow i=I need to get a hold of a copy NOW!

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I've read this book, and am bumping this thread because I recommend it.

If you're more into the graphic novel type stuff (as opposed to cartoons), I would also recommend Maus- another poignant story on the Holocaust and its aftermath.

drainslug
drainslug
48 posts
Nomad

i am assuming this book is of the nazi haulercaust? as that is one of the most famouse, but there were some dreadfull concentration camps in communist russia and i read a book about a man who was forced there to build his own prison effectivly. The book was amazing and moving

Gorks
Gorks
132 posts
Nomad

dark

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

This is an amazing book. Ive always been interested by the Holocaust, and there are many great books written for it that span many different age groups. I remember way back in grade school we read Number the Stars, which was another amazin book about this great tragedy. Veisel's other books are also very good.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

I've always enjoyed learning about the war more than the holocaust. But this book sounds amazing, and I've read some HOlocaust stuff and its kinda.. well, saddish. Its a very inspirational thing, though, I'mma find the book.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

@DragonMistress, I also read Number the stars. It was good, but in my opinion, not as horrific. Still great, and very great to read.

armorkas
armorkas
396 posts
Nomad

I don't read much. Although i do read alot compared to some people (not directing towards anyone in particular!), but i don't read many emotional, or biographical books much. Mabye i should look into this book.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

I would DEFINATELY read it! It is less than 100 pages, but tells a story that fits in 1000 pages. If that makes any sense.

Showing 1-13 of 13