ForumsThe Tavern[Old] Playing AG on school?

27 13550
Raxens
Raxens
5 posts
Nomad

Hi everyone

I'm currently in my first year of media and communication school. The most of our schoolwork is usually done on the computers and we often have some spare time between classes or towards the end of bigger projects, leaving us some room to play games! Sadly our biggest enemy, the schools IT department is doing a good job blocking gamesites like AG. Usually any internet site with the name "game" in it will be stopped in their filters, but not AG for some strange reason. However, if we trye to run a game it will not load, the site will come up, but the mid area where the game should be will be white and wont load the game. Any idea what they have done? is it a specific port that need to be open or something? Any clues of how to fix this? All help is much appreciated!

• 27 Replies
Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

GRAMMAR NAZI TO THE RESCUE!

"Playing AG in school.

Go to a proxy site like 'Hideanything.com'. Your school may block proxy's as our school does.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

You need some sort of flash player. I'd download Adobe Flash to an external hard drive and carry it around.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

yea they might not have any flash player.

My school is really awesome btw. They don't block any sites, not even facebook or youtube

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Yeah, I can bet it's some kind of flash player you need.

My school is really awesome btw. They don't block any sites, not even facebook or youtube

My school is totally awesomer than yours, we can't even afford computers.
bacobit
bacobit
1,671 posts
Nomad

GRAMMAR NAZI TO THE RESCUE!

Grammer Nazis UNITE!

trye

*try

If you use FireFox for your internet browser, it shouldn't block anything. (At least it doesn't for me)
buenothebear
buenothebear
261 posts
Nomad

Probably because you're not in school bacobit. o.o'

Yeah, a proxy site would be a solution.

My school doesn't block anything. Except pr0n. Yeah, I would know.

JKLOLOLOLOL

bacobit
bacobit
1,671 posts
Nomad

Probably because you're not in school bacobit. o.o'

Well thats irrelivent...
Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

Grammer

Grammar

If you use FireFox for your internet browser, it shouldn't block anything.

Actually, the schools internet block things from all web browsers. But I guess it depends on how smart your school is. I swear my school tries to block anything that doesn't go along with what they want. They blocked the cached Wikepedia!
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

My schools IT department f-ing hates us. No game sites. Can't even access them.

Not every bypassing the URL with the IP. D:

Your school might be blocking the games themselves. Even with flash player, it won't work.

And your school computers should already have flash player, anyways.

CubeAddict420
CubeAddict420
162 posts
Nomad

They block every game site at my school except pbskids

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Well thats irrelivent...

*irrelevant

Well, I don't have to worry about that at my school, if the teacher catches us on any site remotely suspicious, we're kicked from the computer lab for 2 weeks >.>
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

The IT's at our school are not only fairly evil, but they also are extremely smart going as far as blocking every proxy within a matter of days of use(you can get banned from using the internet service if you get caught using one), and almost every game site you can find whether it has the word game in it or not tends to get blocked. Of course I have found a way to trick the system, but regardless your schools network may block embedded .swf files from loading on the website(as others have already pointed out). Its much more evil then anything they have tried over where I go to school.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

They blocked AG (and all other game sites) at my school, and nearly every single proxy site. They left ipsafety.net unblocked. I usually don't find time to go to AG, so yeah. School got me to sign documents upon enrollment concerning IT usage.

thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

How about trying to do schoolwork? BTW I found a game you can play on the school computer! First go to amiplanet.com. Then go to anonymous browser. Then go to helicoptergame.net. There you can play the original helicopter! YAY! I found this out like 4 years ago.

bgerm52
bgerm52
645 posts
Nomad

My school has them blocked but you just press proceed and you can go to it

Showing 1-15 of 27