ForumsGamesAssault Fleet

23 9518
Burnt
Burnt
661 posts
Nomad

Heya guys, i saw there ain't no topic on this so imma make one.
Post strategies, hints, tips, anything most of us probably haven't figured out 'bout the game here. Credit goes to whoever came up with them.

I'm gonna start with my own strategy.
First 500r - Unlock Tank and Drill.
Second 500r - Tank armor
Next 1500r - max out Drill mining
This is how i usually start. After this it ain't necessary to stick with what i suggest.
After that what i usually do is unlock Medic -> healing upgrade -> unlock Artillery -> unlock Stardestroyer -> Stardestroyer armor -> Stardestroyer size and that's pretty much as far as i have gotten.

That's the tech tree, what you do in battle is,

- General strategy - deploy 2-3 tanks or 2-3 Stardestroyers with 1-2 medics (don't deploy more than 4 tanks or 3 Stardestroyers, it's usually just a waste of money) all at one place, and try to deploy them as near the biggest baddest enemy ship and as far from the horde of smaller ships as you can, so first they can destroy the one that does a lot of damage. At some point your "assault group" will draw the attention of/kill most of the enemy forces. This is a good time to deploy 2-6 drills in the safest locations on the map. Also, if your tanking ships are on low health and they have a Medic around them, but are taking mode damage than healing, deploy a probe or two(u can also use Stingers if you have them) near the enemy artillery. They have the habit of attacking the smallest ships close to them, so they will leave your tanking ships alone for a sec and you can recharge your health.

- Tank-Drill strategy - Deploy your assault group like i said up there and wait for it to get he attention of most of the enemy fleet. (This doesn't work so well on bigger maps with lots of ships near the planet.) Now deploy 2-3 drills on the opposite side of the planet. IF the enemy has a drill, you can wait for it to collect all asteroids on the map. That way, while your assault group keeps the enemy forces busy, your drills will dig straight from the planet, destroying it in a matter of seconds. IF the enemy has no drill, your drills will first collect all asteroids so the chance of them destroying the planet quickly is small.
Also, note that at first your drones mine 5r per second or so, after 2 upgrades they mine 25 rps.

That's pretty much all. Later you can try going with 2 assault groups, or using one assault group as cover and dropping Stingers behind it.
Note- the Cruisers really reminded me of Stardestroyers (if you have watched any Star Wars movie)so i just went with that.

• 23 Replies
Burnt
Burnt
661 posts
Nomad

Holy s**t Nekhas, level 70 ? Can u post your basic way of deploying your fleet on the field, because this is pretty important and i don't have time to go over it well enough...

Zeppflyer
Zeppflyer
3 posts
Nomad

I'm on level 52 right now with 16k in the bank. Aughta be able to go for at least a few more.

Is there really no end? If not, I'm going to lose interest rapidly.

Strategy:
Tanks and drill on first level. Maximize drills first. You'll need the money.

Get cruisers

Get 1st level medic

Next, focus on upgrading cruisers all of the way. You'll really need
them later.

Once you have heavy cruisers, upgrade your medics.

When you have time and money, upgrade your scouts all of the way to get stingers. They are very useful for sniping medics and cruisers near the rim later on. Once you get the damage upgrade, you can kill medics at 0 net cost (2 stingers for the $100 you get for killing a medic) and a $50 profit for killing cruisers. They are ineffective against scouts and tanks as those ships' smaller, quicker guns can usually kill them before they do any damage. They can kill artillery, but it takes 2 to do it and you only get $75 for the kill.

Usual strategy is to build cruiser, medic, cruiser, medic, etc. as rapidly as possible. You get a feel for how many you'll need, but 4 sets is usually enough when there aren't any enemy cruisers.

Once their doing their thing, I start sending in drillers as the chance presents itself. I still haven't perfected the art of sending in that last wave of drills to mine out the planet before my other ships can get it. (One other advantage of cruisers over tanks is that their longer range guns will cause them to kill everything in the vicinity of the planet before taking it out, thus netting you more money and more chances to mine.)

Unless there are enemy cruisers, I usually start in the thick of things. You'll kill more ships this way. If there are cruisers, I look for an open spot so that I can form up undisturbed.

The best way to stop the medics from doing their stupid dance is to send a tank through them. At least some will follow it back to the main battle. Cruisers cost too much and scouts are so fast that they lose the medics.

Hope that helps. If anyone finds an end, please post!

Zeppflyer
Zeppflyer
3 posts
Nomad

Just beat level 60. 22 enemy cruisers and dozens of smaller craft. only $4,600 left. Don't know how much further I'll make it.

Zeppflyer
Zeppflyer
3 posts
Nomad

Level 65 finally got me. It was the Medic dance. At that point, the field is so large that you can't see medics without zooming in. I didn't realize that they weren't keeping up with the fleet until too late. Try again in a few days.

kforar
kforar
2 posts
Nomad

Love this game. Just died on lvl 73. Start having trouble seeing anything in the upper 60's cause the map is so big. I had over $30,000 before level 60, but then it all vanished.

I'm all about stinger strikes before deploying the fleet. Every healer and artie you can take out the better. Can't beat the upper levels without. I try to avoid artillery until the upper levels because they always target the planet too soon before you can drill rush.

To start I go tank & miner, then both miner upgrades, tank armor, medic, medic upgrade, artie, cruiser, stinger, cruiser armor, etc. Always deploy away from asteroids in beg. If you can drill rush the rocks & planet right you can have all but the two $5000 upgrades by lvl 16.

My biggest trouble is keeping healers with the cruiser fleet. At the upper levels I'm constantly having to aim tanks at the healers to try to push them up. Best solution so far is to send a healer with a tank right behind it and the tank will push it directly to my battle line. I now try to do that the moment I see my cruisers push up without medics.

The key to money early on is to time your drill rush to hit the planet right before you destroy their last defenders. In the upper levels I try to send to waves of four-six.

kforar
kforar
2 posts
Nomad

New high. 83rd level. It gets ridiculous. No matter what you send your healers get lagged up and you ships will push in piecemeal without support, and get rocked near the planet. I burned through $50,000 cash surplus in the last ten levels.

manawan7
manawan7
1 posts
Peasant

TIP: if your first attack fails, do not get discouraged. as the number of enemy ships are less due to ur attack and most likely packed near the planet, use artillery to shoot the planet while placing miners to distract enemys so they dont go after ur artillery.

to__ot
to__ot
1 posts
Nomad

Found a hacked version of this game at another site. It has unlimited money, full tech after lvl 1, and played til I got bored...around lvl 140. This game needs a password feature badly. I don't think I will ever play this game again. There is just no use if there is no goal. I wish there was, because I love the game play.

Showing 16-23 of 23