ForumsThe TavernDo you think the world will end?

62 9829
ramirex
ramirex
56 posts
Nomad

Do you think the world will end? If you do, tell us how, when, by who, tell us if aliens will destroy it, will be the humanity in some kind of World War, or wil it be a natural disaster like a meteorite. And please dont spam, or say "2012".

• 62 Replies
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

and whats with the oil pest near the usa? it makes the doom a little bit closer (if the end comes 2012), but we dont know what would/can happen...maybe the same catastrophes as like in the movie 2012. or something different...

valkery
valkery
1,255 posts
Nomad

You guys are all forgetting that the moon is slowly being pulled away from the Earth. If it gets to far away, we all die. Please don't ask me how, I forget.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

No, the Mayan thing is bull. It's a bunch of New Age crap.

December 2012 is simply the end of the thirteenth b'ak'tun. A b'ak'tun being a period of time in the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar containing 144,000 days.

foxholedragon49
foxholedragon49
10 posts
Scribe

Either 2012 or 2029, or whenever the sun blows up

TexanProvo
TexanProvo
408 posts
Nomad

The Earth most likely has about, I believe, 4 or so billion years until the Sun runs out of hydrogen and expands into a Red Giant, vaporizing the Earth, and then a few million or so years later shrinks down into a, I believe White Dwarf, and stays like that for a while.

However, in 4 or so billion years mankind will have most likely expanded through the galaxy and possibly the Virgo Galaxy Cluster (about 32 galaxies in that one) and Earth will probably be like the holy land or something, so it wouldn't surprise me if people try to refuel the Sun with Hydrogen or even move the Earth, who knows what technology will exist in 4.5 billion years.

Or, of course, we could kill ourselves, though for some reason I don't see us doing that. Maybe I have some faith in mankind, who knows. Though, an asteroid could still do the job, though again some people would survive, think submarine crews and other people in certain places. The Moon drifting away, not anytime soon so a solution can be found.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

8 octodecillion (8^58) years is close to 5 billion (5^12)?

Someone needs to learn math.

I believe he's being sarcastic, unless you are too.

However, in 4 or so billion years mankind will have most likely expanded through the galaxy and possibly the Virgo Galaxy Cluster (about 32 galaxies in that one) and Earth will probably be like the holy land or something, so it wouldn't surprise me if people try to refuel the Sun with Hydrogen or even move the Earth, who knows what technology will exist in 4.5 billion years.

We cannot speculate that far. By that time, humans as we know them may not even exist anymore, if that time comes for us.
gtfawjkjg
gtfawjkjg
1,126 posts
Nomad

The sun shall stop buring in about several billion years, don't worry about THAT, there might be some other cause, but that one is gonna happen for sure.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

More like the sun swelling up into a red giant, swallowing a few planets, collapsing into a white dwarf and finally dying as a black dwarf.

chily
chily
44 posts
Shepherd

YES YOU WILL AL DIE

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

*facepalm*

Don't any of you guys pay attention in class?

The sun's mass is not high enough to result in a supernova. Instead it will balloon into a red giant and slowly fade away into a white dwarf an then a black dwarf.

ZloyPacifist
ZloyPacifist
5 posts
Peasant

The Sun will balloon into red giant after about 2.5 billions years! So don't worry, be happy)

LazyOne
LazyOne
166 posts
Nomad

Some people indeed are dumb here.
/agree with knight, also, meatballs, earth will long be wiped off the universe, before the sun could form a supernova (which is in fact unlikely to happen)
Anyway, it is very clear that humans will exterminate each other.
As in, ruining the climat
As in homocides
As in nuclear wars
As in modern day crusades
As in plain bullshittery.
~

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Wait, the sun can never form a supernova. It does not have enough mass to do so.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

what is with a meteor or a comet? i mean bigger and larger then the earth so bombs cant destroy it? well, then we dont die 2012, a big meteor is slow.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Huh? I do not understand you clearly.

Showing 31-45 of 62