ForumsSupport ForumToo many bad games

29 6031
choogly
choogly
40 posts
Nomad

I think that if a game receives a rating low enough, it should be taken off the site. Or maybe, games could be sorted by rating. For example, you could click action games and click something that says "display games rated 7 or over" or something like that. Just a thought, because I mean if a game has a rating of 3 it shouldent be on the site, IMO.

• 29 Replies
arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
785 posts
Nomad

I agree with you. Lots of games are rated under 6. You should contact the administrators; you can tell them about your suggestions.

homegrove
homegrove
325 posts
Peasant

Oh, lighten up, no offense intended. It is very hard to make games; besides, taking a game of the site is unfair for the people who like that game. Maybe if it had a rating under 1 or something...

PBMCube
PBMCube
29 posts
Nomad

The real problem is NOT the games but the method of collecting opinions about the games. Everyone claims to be a critic, yet they do not have the qualifications to judge. I teach Game Design at ITT Technical Institute, and have been creating games for the past 15 years. What should be done is to "rank" gamer's responses by their background insteadh of accepting input from the general "rabble". For example, Hero RPG is rated low, but it just won Grand Prize. Does this make sense?

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Um, I don't agree, I've played some games with a really bad rating and they're actually good games. People base the rate on their opinion, if they play the game and it's not the kind of game they like then they already hate it, so they automatically go and give it a bad rate and negative comment, plus, some people do that for fun anywayz.

nqkoi1
nqkoi1
382 posts
Nomad

The games that get on ArmorGames are hand-picked by staff so they are good enough to stay.Also 6 is a good rating a bad one is 3.

Green12324
Green12324
4,099 posts
Peasant

I like the idea of having an option of showing games only with a rating of ____ or higher. It would sort out the ones that would waste your time and you'd be left with the ones worth playing.

choogly
choogly
40 posts
Nomad

I'm not saying making games aren't hard, its just I would rather see more perfect games like fancy pants 2 and sonny as opposed to some game with graphics that look 5 years old, sounds and music that we've heard a million times, and gameplay that makes us feel like we've played a million times before. IMO, if your going to make a game, make it creative and do something new, or it better be damn good, because otherwise it will be one of many games like it. If games were going to be taken off the site, I would want them to be games that had gotten a 4 or below. A rating any higher means it has redeeming qualities. Oh, and PBM cube you have a pint, but I would say instead of collecting the backround, you could determine how important the vote is by the persons armor rank.

choogly
choogly
40 posts
Nomad

o sorry i meant to say point but you can have a pint too lol

DannyAG
DannyAG
229 posts
Shepherd

If there are any games that have a really low rating, let me know and they can be removed.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

You can view the games by rating...

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

not everybody cares about graphics, some games are better without some '3-D effects' 2-D games can be good too, and besides, not everyone can make a 'Sonny' on their 1st,2nd,3rd whatever try. some of them also don't hve great code people to do all the flashy stuff. What some of these games are are the people testing their skills, reading the comments, then they'll understand what it takes to make a great game

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Raptor is right. If you believe a game to be bad, explain that in a comment. The game makers read those and will make adequate changes based on feedback. That's what updates are for! So, be detailed in why you think a particular game is bad. If it is boring, explain exactly how it is boring.

moneychoker
moneychoker
74 posts
Nomad

uhhhh when you pick a game you can sort it by rating/nmae/date/plays. so thast your prob solved.

Randombarry
Randombarry
69 posts
Nomad

What happens if i low rated game u liked were taken off.I dont really think u would like it.

silver_flyer112
silver_flyer112
18 posts
Nomad

if u dont like the game then dont play it, other people might like it and it wouldnt b fair to take it off

Showing 1-15 of 29