ForumsSupport Forum

Friends Lists

Thread Locked

Posted Apr 14, '08 at 8:21pm

DragonMistress

DragonMistress

1,113 posts

Knight

I think that it would be nice if friends on your list had to be mutual, like on MySpace and many other various services... this would be helpful because I'd like to know if people are friending me, for good or bad purposes. Not to say there are stalkers here, but were there to be, it'd send up a red flag if random people were tracking you. On the flipside, I think it would be nice to know if someone considered you a friend enough to mention you, so that you could reciprocate and put them on your list as well.

Just a thought...

Posted Apr 14, '08 at 8:23pm

GreatestSoloEver

GreatestSoloEver

1,238 posts

Good idea     I agree.

Posted Apr 14, '08 at 8:33pm

Spartan

Spartan

2,866 posts

Hard to understand but it sounds like a good idea

Posted Apr 14, '08 at 8:35pm

DragonMistress

DragonMistress

1,113 posts

Knight

Basically, youd get alerted if someone added you as a friend. In addition to that, you could make it so that "friending" someone had to be consentual, meaning if you add me as a friend, I have to agree to that and also add you as a friend.

Posted Apr 14, '08 at 8:37pm

XCoheedX

XCoheedX

1,061 posts

I guess this could work. I don't really like random people adding me, so I support this. For someone to add you, I think you should at least agree to them adding you. More like a permission slip.

Posted Apr 14, '08 at 9:02pm

Sting

Sting

339 posts

That would be a good idea, if the site contacted you when someone tried to add you as a friend, and you can either accept or reject that friend request.

Posted Apr 14, '08 at 9:07pm

wow4ever1212

wow4ever1212

201 posts

Yeah I totally agree. Spammers always add me to there friends list. Kind of like a *Who to spam today...* list. And I don't want them to add me unless I know who they are.

Posted Apr 15, '08 at 4:27am

dogpup4

dogpup4

188 posts

i agree, i hate random people adding me. it happens on youtube, they just add me cos they want me to subscribe and all that.

Posted Apr 15, '08 at 11:53am

mrtim

mrtim

2,052 posts

I agree on this. When people add us, I think it should be like hi5 where we click on the name on the e-mail and we can check out their profile, so that we would know who are spammers and who are not. Just saves time from tying the name out in the address bar.

Posted Apr 15, '08 at 2:28pm

DaMasta333

DaMasta333

408 posts

I've posted this topic before...