ForumsGame WalkthroughsCastaway tips & tricks

164 161297
Thunderbolt400
Thunderbolt400
21 posts
Shepherd

Post any Castatway tips and tricks here. For example, one area I've been having a lot of trouble with is finding the sand generator. Either I've found it and it refuses to work, or I haven't found it yet. Does anyone know where the sand generator is and where to stand to get it to work?

• 164 Replies
Damnevil
Damnevil
75 posts
Shepherd

Ok! I'm not good at explaining things especially how this game is set up but here I go!

The sand generator is on Castaway Beach(the only stage beside the village that you can play in the beginning of the game).

When you start the map, you will be at the north-west end of the beach(look at the map to see which way is north). From there, go south-east to the entrance to the second map. The entrance to the next map is on the east end. Next, go north-east of the second map, the entrance to the next map is on the north. Go north-east again, the next map entrance is on the north. Go north of the the map, this time the next map entrance is on the east.

Ok! Now this map is where the sand generator is locate. Follow the stone path from where you are starting, go east for a couple of steps(I mean grind!)and turn south until you reach the three pillors and a palm tree(or is it a coconut tree? I don't know!)then turn east past the two palm trees. Now turn north and follow the stone path again through the bushes. The sand generator is on the otherside. Becareful of the scorpion! He will attack you as soon as he see you coming through the bushes.

To activate the generator, go to the closest tile step next to it and stand on the tile.

I hope you understand what I just wrote down here and I hope it help.

trablis
trablis
109 posts
Nomad

I dont know any but i would like to know some.

Temeraire345
Temeraire345
38 posts
Nomad

I have a few:

- If you are on low health and don't want to pay for healing then go first floor of Castaway beach. Nothing there will attack you and then you can leave you person and go afk. When you come back in a few mins they will be fully healed.

- I am at the jungle so far and i haven't found any other pet food than the berries. I try to stack up around 40 of these before i go anywhere that has monsters my level. A great place to farm these is Castaway beach, the monsters are weak and can drop eggs, which you can sell for 25 gp, and this is great exp for your low level pet.

- In areas with lots of monsters that are aggressive, try to take one out at a time. Otherwise you'll have loads of them swarming on you and your pet, most likely your pet will die.

They are some of the ones i know, i'll post some later when i think of the ones i use
Anyone else got any?

( Also, when your pet dies you lose it forever, seeing as i usually go around with a high lv pet i end up re loading if it dies, as to train it up again would be a pain, really wish you could revive pets ...)

Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,748 posts
Nomad

- In areas with lots of monsters that are aggressive, try to take one out at a time. Otherwise you'll have loads of them swarming on you and your pet, most likely your pet will die.

Actually lets lot of enemies attack leave your pet. There is a bug in the game where you instantly attack as soon as yolu pick another enemy
starfoxman
starfoxman
1 posts
Nomad

Thunderbolt400 you Need To Get The Quest First

Jayus
Jayus
15 posts
Peasant

I've a tip for anyone starting out in this game. As soon as you've completed the initial things, such as obtaining your pet and getting the stick and have entered the first area of Castaway Beach, here's what you do to get a somewhat easy start.

1. ) Do not start any quests before entering, and do not stop to complete any.

2. ) Gather up 28 of the Beetle Shell items(This will take a while, but I assure you the loot is profitable) In doing so you will most likely as I did end up with a little over a 100 Gold, about 10-15 beetle eggs, 40-50 Berries, and a lot of Fire Shards(Save these!)

3. ) After doing so you should be fit to fight off some of the snakes, do this till you have 5 snake leathers.

4. ) You should now be around level 5-6 and should easily be able to pick up every quest for Castaway Beach at once, do this and complete the ones you have the items for, kill whatever needs killing and activate the Generator.

This is what I have for now(I haven't gotten further on my second playthrough yet, I'll update whenever)

xxgioxx
xxgioxx
2 posts
Nomad

how do i get off castaway beach after i complete the mission ???

xxgioxx
xxgioxx
2 posts
Nomad

oh sry i found out

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Note: Do not switch out your eye-guy for a beetle. beetles are not as good as he. Maybe sand snakes though, I haven't gotten an egg for one of those little devils.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Do the captive snakes have a poison effect?

Dazpiece
Dazpiece
55 posts
Nomad

Yeah if you raise a pet snake it has a chance to cause a poison effect, even on other snakes. =D

djkidd
djkidd
1 posts
Nomad

the main green pet is probably the strongest you'll have. i went for only armor items, save your shards especially red in the beginning. you will get a quest to trade in red shards for a pretty decent fire sword and later ice shards for an ice blade. most quest aren't worth wasting too much time over unless they give you items or skills or you're unlocking new stages. leveling and gold is important. once you're strong enough you can go back to previous stages and blast through quest like nothing cuz you're strong enough. so far im at glacier ridge

sosa12345
sosa12345
1 posts
Nomad

How do you move on past the beach? I did all the quests, including the sand generator, but I dont know how to move on. My map only allows me to go on the beach...

Temeraire345
Temeraire345
38 posts
Nomad

the main green pet is probably the strongest you'll have.

I got one of the scorpians and when my scorpian and green thing were on the same level, the scorpian had way more exp. Also, the scorpian can inflict poison.
Maybe the green thing gets better later on but i think most of the pets follow a straight line in stat increase.
bloodwolf
bloodwolf
44 posts
Nomad

Not worth the time to really play this game got past the Jungle and its just the same old same old over and over again. Game needs balance badly.

Showing 1-15 of 164