ForumsGame WalkthroughsCastaway tips & tricks

164 161286
Thunderbolt400
Thunderbolt400
21 posts
Shepherd

Post any Castatway tips and tricks here. For example, one area I've been having a lot of trouble with is finding the sand generator. Either I've found it and it refuses to work, or I haven't found it yet. Does anyone know where the sand generator is and where to stand to get it to work?

• 164 Replies
hardcore
hardcore
177 posts
Jester

Note: Do not switch out your eye-guy for a beetle. beetles are not as good as he. Maybe sand snakes though, I haven't gotten an egg for one of those little devils.

Uhh,I'd like 2 swap mine for a sand beetle;Those will Probaly poison it then it will just die -.-'
wattywahwah
wattywahwah
2 posts
Nomad

there is an end to the game (i think) there is a well with a door in castaway beach (go ene) i just dont know how to open it. (if anyone knows how PLEASE TELL ME

basbasbas
basbasbas
5 posts
Nomad

you mean the pet snakes?
yes they have poisen

JunioBr
JunioBr
9 posts
Shepherd

is best to keep the first pet or should I trade for a pet poison?

879m
879m
12 posts
Nomad

the well isnt a well, its just a tiny lake. also, the door is just a piece of stone that looks like a door. the door is useless because you can walk around to the sides and stand next to the water.

staraptor007
staraptor007
1 posts
Nomad

ok, for all you people out there who cant find the sand generator. i bet that i can help you! ok first:
1)go to castaway beach
2)go east
3)go north
4)go north
5)go all the way up then go east
6)go down then right then up
7)look out there is a scorpion!!!!! kill it!!!!!
8)there you go step on

i hope i helped you people

klt332
klt332
12 posts
Nomad

hey staraptor007. please add me i want to talk to you.

sifon34
sifon34
4 posts
Nomad

At the start of the game after you exit out of the town by saving them from the beetles fight the beetles till you are 4-5 then try on the snakes untill you are 5-10 then go to the last bit and theres a scorpion near the generator kill that till you are atleast level 12 and finish the quests [Return to the town for healing and medicine you can complete some of the quests for the rewards during this sequence]Its only a quicker way of clearing the beach.

sifon34
sifon34
4 posts
Nomad

Once your level 5 you can basically afford the first armour set (armour sword and shield) that should be the main thing you do before you tackle the snakes also bring a few antidotes because the snakes and scorpion can poison

ArtisticFusion
ArtisticFusion
2 posts
Nomad

Just finished the game. It's a good way to pass time, very addicting. The end is

- You don't need the stick in the beginning. So don't waste time looking for it.
- Accept all quests at one time. Try to finish most of the quests before attempting going for the generator so once you activate the generator, you can use a castaway feather (always useful to have one or more in inventory) and go back to Castaway.
- Pets are generally useless. Don't waste time or money healing them, the jungle and subsequent areas are better done on your own. If you are in an area with monsters that quickly deplete your life, bring a lower level pet and allow it to take some of the damage and die.
- When trying to level up, go to a place with passive (don't attack you unless you attack them) monsters and fight them, allowing yourself to regenerate health in between.
- SAVE OFTEN. Try to go back to town whenever you (a) move up a level or (b) finish a quest.
- Always try to save up your money and buy the strongest armor/weapons/shield for your level. It helps greatly. If you can't afford everything at one time, always buy the better armor before the better weapon.
- Don't waste money on healing potions until Magma Crater, where you'll want to buy 20 or so large healing potions. Antidotes are only helpful when you're low on health. Otherwise, just walk off the poison. It won't affect you too much.
- Sell whatever you can often.
- If you're low on health in an area with all agressive monsters, go to a corner and allow yourself to be attacked. Use whatever abitilies you have and when the monster(s) dies, don't pick up the remains. Hide behind them until you regenerate health.
- Always be 7-12 levels above the monsters in the area.

I hope this helped I ended at level 32 and had a good time playing. If you need more help I'm willing to provide it.

ArtisticFusion
ArtisticFusion
2 posts
Nomad

Sorry, I meant to say the ending could be better. But other than that, it was a good game.

klt332
klt332
12 posts
Nomad

yea the end could be better all they say is " thankyou for saving are village! We hope you got off this island too!" its kinda lame

klt332
klt332
12 posts
Nomad

[i] haha runescape.com is better game than castaway and much much better haha

NightSh4d0w
NightSh4d0w
2 posts
Nomad

There is a HUGE difference between RuneScape and Castaway.
First they are two completely different types of games RuneScape is a sandbox game with no proper story line and no ending while Castaway is a sandbox game with a storyline and a ending.
How can you compare Castaway to RuneScape?!

879m
879m
12 posts
Nomad

the large potions are a rip off. the small potions cost less, and added up to do the same healing are still cheaper, and do more healing

Showing 121-135 of 164