ForumsArt, Music, and WritingTanka Contest Theme: Miracles Pg 19. Due: 29th

203 70206
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

As most of us know, the last Tanka Contest died. This is the new Tanka Contest! Ta-daaaaa!

Tanka consists of five units (often treated as separate lines when Romanized or translated) usually with the following mora pattern:
5-7-5-7-7.
The 5-7-5 is called the kami-no-ku ("upper phrase&quot, and the 7-7 is called the shimo-no-ku ("lower phrase&quot. Tanka is a much older form of Japanese poetry than haiku.

Rules
1) Must be original. NO PLAGARIZING ALLOWED!
2) Has to fit the Theme.
3) Submition deadline will be inforced.
4) Only one submission per user
5) The winner cannot win twice in a row.
6) The Tanka MUST be created for this contest.

Easy enough? And If you are questioning Rule #5, it is because some people may be Beastly at any type of poetry and have really good submissions every week, and I am sure that you would want to win too right? See? Fairness makes the world go round. (not really) And if you are questioning Rule #6, it is on here because if you made something beforehand, that is giving you a better chance at winning, and it isn't fair to the other participants *if any)
The Frist Theme is......
Music! Deadline is the May 29th, 2010 Judging will be Either the 30th or 31st.

Also, Me and Thepossum will be the judges. I am the first judge, Next week will be possums. Good Luck to all!

• 203 Replies
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Amen on the Mayo part. Bleh. It is so gross. I dont like mayo. at all.
Geez that sound like an amazing buffet. But I just ate 7 muffins, so I'm not that hungry as of now. Will it still be open 2moro for lunch?

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Cmon Guys! lets not make the non dead tanka contest dead! keep it going! any1 seen Daz?

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Deadline's today. So judging is tomorrow? Well... there's only 2 pages of entries, with some errors, and Samy and Moon chatting away.

Mine sucked.

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Judging will probably be tomorrow. However, I'm moving to a new house and I'm not sure how my Internet will be affected. If I don't judge by Saturday, please be so kind as to ask MoonFairy to do it. She's the next judge, after all.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

ahhhhh judging isn't all its cracked up to be. XD but I will do it if I have time 2moro. idk if my mom is gonna go on some "lets get emily all girlie girl so I can pretend that I dont have a tom boy for a daughter" thing again like she always does before my bday T T bleh. Well I'm done ranting, and to repeat the point, If possum doesnt complete the judging in time, I will around this time 2moro. It is the only time I can get on XD

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

OH MY GOD.

I was SUCH a noob! xDDDDDD
Anyways.
Time to bring this baby back.
Since the owner of the last Tanka contest was perma banned, and I remembered that I made one wayyyyyyy back. So here it is!

Let us ignore the last 12 pages, okay? Including that last little bit from me last year xD

I will re state the rules again so people can see.

As most of us know, the last Tanka Contest died. This is the new Tanka Contest! Ta-daaaaa!

Tanka consists of five units (often treated as separate lines when Romanized or translated) usually with the following mora pattern:
5-7-5-7-7.
The 5-7-5 is called the kami-no-ku ("upper phrase&quot, and the 7-7 is called the shimo-no-ku ("lower phrase&quot. Tanka is a much older form of Japanese poetry than haiku.

Rules
1) Must be original. NO PLAGARIZING ALLOWED!
2) Has to fit the Theme.
3) Submition deadline will be inforced.
4) Only one submission per user
5) The winner cannot win twice in a row.
6) The Tanka MUST be created for this contest.

Easy enough? And If you are questioning Rule #5, it is because some people may be Beastly at any type of poetry and have really good submissions every week, and I am sure that you would want to win too right? See? Fairness makes the world go round. (not really) And if you are questioning Rule #6, it is on here because if you made something beforehand, that is giving you a better chance at winning, and it isn't fair to the other participants (if any)

The first theme will be:

*drumroll*

*drumroll*

*drumroll*

*drumroll*

ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a large increase in the Zombie games, so go play one and find some inspiration!
Also, Since this was Non-Dead, and I'm bringing it back to life, it only seems appropriate. :P

So please! Let the games BEGIN!
I'm serious. Cmon. We need to get this thing-a-rollin.

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

You chose a very difficult Tanka theme, O Moon. :P

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

You thought it would be
Different now that you're dead.
It seems you were wrong.
You hunger for human flesh.
Aware that you are undead.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

You are outnumbered
You cannot stop the undead
The apocalypse
Is just beginning for you
Night is alive with the dead

SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

A sickly mistake,
This time science went too far:
Demonic creatures
Now roam the deserted streets.
Who will survive the undead?

--------------
There's my entry. I hope it pleases!

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Official Notice

I will be considering a single co judge.
You can post on my profile why you think you are fit to judge it, along with a relatively accurate schedule of when you are active on AG. There is only one position, so make sure that you convince me you are worthy.

Also, the Deadline will be the morning of Wednesday, April 20th.

Short time for entries, yes I know, but the length of the deadline will change every now and again. After this week, it will be weekly, so be prepared.

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

The terrified shrieks
Of those fleeing from the dead,
Echo in the night air.
But help will not arrive now,
And the world will be ravaged.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

4, that is a good amount for the first day.
Let's keep this up you guys. I would really love it if at least 10 people participated! If we gain popularity this could become a Merit Worthy contest.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Their vital signs ceased,
We believed that they were dead.
The solders from war,
Revived by a force unknown,
Time to seek retribution.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Is it really Tuesday already?
One more day for entries mi amigos and amigas!

Showing 106-120 of 203