ForumsSupport ForumNo ads right by the game... it is distracting!

17 3652
squidlidink
squidlidink
479 posts
Farmer

I think that ads should be at the bottom of the screen instead of right there in the way of the game.Sometimes I click on it when I am in an intense part of my game and I have to start the level again or something. Also, many people, including me, have trouble concentrating on the game when they are there!

Does anyone agree?

• 17 Replies
Necrotic
Necrotic
195 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I agree. There are lots of times I would have beaten certain levels of games, especially the shooting games, if it weren't for those ads, I mean, I know that those people just want to make money like everyone else, but do they really have to distract the people who don't give a dam* about what they're advertising; like when they advertise stuff like cars and real estate and insurance on websites that are meant for kids. I really hate those, but I guess keeping them away is what Pop-up Blockers are for.

The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

i totally understand. I have had the problem as well, though it hasnt been as deadly to me...
my advice:
USE FIREFOX that way it opens the ad in a new tab rather than taking your current window elsewhere. then you just have to frantically close the new tab and resume whatever it was you were doing.

probably killing things. lots of blood and guts.

... i drink your milkshake.

dogpup4
dogpup4
183 posts
Nomad

it must be annoying but i use netscape so it opens in a new tab and doesnt interrupt the game
a bit like the idea man

Tjab
Tjab
2 posts
Nomad

Isn't the idea of ads you notice them?

I don't think moving ads to a place where they do not distract -> are not on your screen does great things for the ad-clicks

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
361 posts
Nomad

yeah... it's so easy to click on the ads by accident... at least don't put the ads right next to the game, maybe on the side of it (not touching the game area)

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Well, I don't think they will be taken down, because, doesn't the site get paid for putting these advertisement? I wouldn't put them down, if that takes away the income of the site.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

I see where you are going, but there are already ads at the top (that one that says DO SOMETHING! WHAT?" so there isn't really any room, and I actually don't have problems with actually clicking on the ads.

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
361 posts
Nomad

We don't want to get rid of the ads, just move them so that they aren't right next to the game.

muji8u
muji8u
21 posts
Nomad

hey guys i got a suprise, if u have, if u have firefox, go to the add ons page and search for "no script" and click on the first one, it will make sure that there are no ads for u, lol after those ads slowed down my comp, i got it and i can acutualy play my game.

squidlidink
squidlidink
479 posts
Farmer

I have Fiefox and it doesn't work that way for me..

ikillnerds
ikillnerds
256 posts
Nomad

yah cuz sometimes i click on them and like i might die from it!
its so annoying, but also they suport the site so i like them!

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

That's the point. They WANT you to click it :P

redwinger333
redwinger333
339 posts
Nomad

well, considering the fact that AG is probably getting funds from the ad suppliers for their hits, theyre going to WANT you to click on the ads, accidentally or not. the more hits the ads get from a site, the more money it generates for them, so why wouldnt they place them in areas where you are likely to click them?

Navnlose
Navnlose
109 posts
Nomad

sooo... could you just click on a ad 100s of times and make them money?...

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

I like the ads, they show be the top and bottom of the game so i can center it

Showing 1-15 of 17