ForumsThe Tavernwhat if fiction... became reality?

38 6079
XSilentPhantomX
XSilentPhantomX
715 posts
Nomad

guess what, XSilentPhantomX is opening up another make-you-think type of thread! yay!! :P anyways, what if fiction becomes reality?

What if all our stories, end of the world scenarios, plagues, disasters came true? do you ever think of what would happen? what if the world did somehow begin to fall apart around us? and there's nothing you can do? how do you defend yourself, your family? how can you know that the zombie horror stories we read don't come true, and any second something could happen. we pass off terrible mythical creatures as a myth, but don't you ever think of those creatures when you find yourself alone in the dark?

is the reality of it that we must be aware that anything can happen at anytime? or is the reality if it having the feeling of being secure that nothing like that could ever happen? is fantasy the products of imagination, or a theory? Can we ever be certain that no fiction elemnts will ever come to be reality?

• 38 Replies
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Who is to say what fiction is in the first place? It is what we don't see is real. We could quite easily be blinded by something or another. Then again, my imagination is flooding back to my fictional books. It would be thrilling to have creatures besides us that we could communicate with. Sure some might be dangerous, but animals today are too. Zombies, I would stay away from. Vampires, I would join XD Werewolves, I might join them if Vamps don't accept me. Fairies would win hands down though.
I don't care about all of this "oh it would be dangerous if those characters were real!" People learn to adapt.

KingLemon
KingLemon
600 posts
Nomad

Also in Quantum Mechanics there is a theory that our reality which we perceive is not the actuality of things. All laws of physics, Einsteins laws, everything we know, is wrong. So that's like another example of how "fiction" is reality, in the sense that fiction is something "not real" or "made up"

XSilentPhantomX
XSilentPhantomX
715 posts
Nomad

how do i know that YOUR real and not made up? :O

pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

Oh, great, this is turning into a solipsism discussion...
If this is the case, then I think the question stated might have already been answered.

PixelSmash
PixelSmash
566 posts
Nomad

Well, some theories say there are an infinite number of universes, each with their own minute changes... Some might have a different speed of light, some - to quote Buffy the vampire slayers - are 'a world without shrimp'. So from this follows that whatever fiction you would choose, there would be an accompanying universe in which that fiction is actually reality.

And to add a semi-witty remark; if fiction became reality, would reality become fiction?

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

We'd have a bunch of cartoon charcters as our friends.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

Then the world would really fuc*ed up a wall.

This thread hurts my brain. But seriously, I would just let pokemon run rampid

XSilentPhantomX
XSilentPhantomX
715 posts
Nomad

This thread hurts my brain. But seriously, I would just let pokemon run rampid

lolz that's what i try to make my tavern threads do... make you think and hurt your brain....

Oh, great, this is turning into a solipsism discussion...
If this is the case, then I think the question stated might have already been answered.

what is solopsism? and if so how has it already been answered?

Showing 31-38 of 38