ForumsPopular Media[necro] eminem,good or bad rapper

174 49105
gameman22
gameman22
74 posts
Nomad

what do think about eminem good or bad rapper?

• 174 Replies
Bearsal1121
Bearsal1121
290 posts
Nomad

Old Skool rap is good, but Eminem is the best current rapper

Eminem really made rap famous with his hit song "My Name Is", which was one of the best songs in the 90's.

He is a good rapper but he only has like 3 or 4 successful songs

He has had much more hit's. I don't know where you have been for the last ten years, but here they are.

-My Name Is
-The Real Slim Shady
-Mockingjay
-Not Afraid
-Love the way you lie
-Elevator
-We Made You
-3 a.m
-A*s like that

Just to name a few.

BEST RAPPER IN THE WORLD

Care to elaborate? Like how. I for one like how he rhyms and his poetry.

he was better with blond hair in my oppinion.

He still has blond hair, more or less. But he is not famous for being good looking, like Drake.

i dislike him but i dislike all rapper

Then why would you comment on this thread? At least you have to like the genre on the thread before you go into it.

im am going to say neither he is THE BEST RAPER EVER

lolwut? Seriously, i read this ten times over, and i have no idea what the first part meens.

seeing as Jay-Z is my favorite rapper.

Jay-Z is a good writer (Not as good as em), but he cant really rap. I meen, listen to "Forever young" especialy how he says "Baby" at the end of one of his verses.

sometiems he cant be a whiny baby though

He was born and his dad left him. His mom one abusive and did drugs. He lived in a mobile home and had no friends. His wife cheated on him.

I don't think he had a very good life.

any1 who says he's good knows wat there talkin about

I know, but if you say he is bad and you give good reasons, then they definetaly know what they are talking about, too.

Most rap I've listened to sounds like bad poetry about petty things that rappers consider luxary...
Eminem is no exception to that

Are you kidding me.

"It was my desicion to get clean. I did it for me. Admitedly, i probably did it subliminaly for you. To come back a brand knew me, you help see me through, you dont even realize what you did, believe me you..." Not Afriaid

Now go listen to "We made you" "When Im Gone" "Like Toy Soldiers" and lets see if you still stand by you're half-hearted post.

Eminem is the best rapper ever. His words float through your mind, and leave you thinking. He is literally a rags to riches story. Listen to his older real slim shady, and laugh. Listen to Kim, and be afraid. Listen to when im gone, and cry. Listen to Till I Collapse. And Get ready to ScrEm

"Eminem! Eminem! Eminem!"
valkery
valkery
1,255 posts
Nomad

Eminem is amazing, just for pure lyrical talent. He can rhyme anything, and combines it with a powerful message that most rappers can't compete with. I would have to say that Eminem is quite possibly the greatest rapper from the 90's, the best rapper now, and will forever go down in history is the greatest rapper of all time.

Listen to "Kim" That song is insane. Literally.

Bearsal1121
Bearsal1121
290 posts
Nomad

Listen to "Kim" That song is insane. Literally.

Its the most awsomeist song!
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

He can rhyme anything

not orange, purple, or oreo

i would deffinatly like to hear why people think hes a better rapper then people like rakim, big daddy kane, or slick rick cause hes not even in the same ball park
Blackwolves990
Blackwolves990
331 posts
Shepherd

i think that is songs are very repetive :S

Bearsal1121
Bearsal1121
290 posts
Nomad

i think that is songs are very repetive :S

Have you ever heard his songs? They are not at all repeptetive.

not orange, purple, or oreo

He actually was asked to rhyme orange by Anderson Cooper in an interview. He rhymed it something like this.

"He peeled an orange at the doorhenge at morning eating porridge." It's technicaly not a rhyme, but he came up with it on the spot, and it is as close as you can get.
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

lol no in the world of people that play stinky pinky that doesnt even sound close to a rhyme lol

GhostOfMetal
GhostOfMetal
694 posts
Shepherd

it depends on how you say it
back to the topic maybe (unless of course that is on topic...
@delossantosj: we are not saying eminem is the best, we are saying that he is good rather than bad

Bearsal1121
Bearsal1121
290 posts
Nomad

we are not saying eminem is the best, we are saying that he is good rather than bad

Who is saying that? Who is we? Because I know that a lot of people on this thread said they loved him, including me.
GhostOfMetal
GhostOfMetal
694 posts
Shepherd

we is a general statement that describes a group of people relating to a subject, but there can be exceptions
also: weather or not he is the best is a matter of opinion and everyone's is different

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

@delossantosj: we are not saying eminem is the best, we are saying that he is good rather than bad

a good majority of pro eminem posts that i have seen as this thread has come and go is YA HES THE BEST, then when i argue with them there just like, "**** you your just mad because eminem is the best and anyone who thinks he isnt is retarded" not saying thats you cause i know most of you recent posters actually do have valid insight.

but if you look thoughout all the pages of this thread, AND past eminem threads, youll see ALOT of people on AG have NO clue about rap music
BluePortal
BluePortal
69 posts
Nomad

Wayyyyy too overrated for me.

And really whiny.

He's gone through different stages. Depressed, Sad, Angry, Happy, Party mode and of course anything by slim shady has it's own style of music.

I like other rappers more.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

Eminenm is the best right now but there obviously beter ones than him

i still disagree. Nas is still rocking hard and hes more of a lyricist then eminem will ever be.

can someone answer me why he always sounds pissed off, like even when he won the grammy for best hip hop album he just looked stoic and creepy
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Eminenm is the best right now but there obviously beter ones than him

That's a contradiction.
You said he's the best and that there's better rapper's than him. Doesn't make sense which makes your post invalid.
can someone answer me why he always sounds pissed off, like even when he won the grammy for best hip hop album he just looked stoic and creepy

I dunno that one. It could be that he's had a hard life and has to look pissed all the time to keep his appearance. I for one would be happy if I won an award like that.

Eminem is an alright rapper. I like some of his older songs like Stan. I can't think of any others that come to mind, but most of his early songs are wonderful. Even though I dislike most rap, his songs are good.
GhostOfMetal
GhostOfMetal
694 posts
Shepherd

That's a contradiction.
You said he's the best and that there's better rapper's than him. Doesn't make sense which makes your post invalid.

that would be incorrect, he said eminem is the best RIGHT NOW as in current rapper, as in modern rapper.

some peoples voices are like that when they sing. also, pissed off to you might not sound &quotissed off" to someone else
Showing 91-105 of 174