922 posts
Nomad

is obama a muslim his middle name is huessain which kinda scares me

• 26 Replies
Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

No, Obama is not a muslim, despite the hilarious raggings of Steven Colbert.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Why would it scare you even if Obama followed the Islam faith?

Please note: the religion is called Islam. Muslims are people of a certain ethnicity who generally follow Islam. It may be highly offensive if you don't use this term correctly.

Grimlok
Grimlok
154 posts
Nomad

Yeah, what does it matter if he follows Islam? There's a big difference between your average Muslim and the terrorist radicals. My dad said he knew some Muslims once and they were some of the nicest people he'd ever met.

SerbWarrior
SerbWarrior
38 posts
Nomad

Yes there is evidence that his father was a muslim extremist...
But frankly i like Obama more than i do Hilary...
And even though he is a muslim and his father was a muslim extremist...
I dont think that he is an extremist...
He strikes me as a good man.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I can speak for myself that who your parents are does not necessarily negate who you are.

blackop
blackop
12 posts
Nomad

I agree wish Asherlee on this one, just because your parents are one thing doesnt mean you have to that, like a religion or job forsay.

hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

Dude, there are people who follow the Islam faith that, I know it's hard to believe, are not terrorists! Is that amazing or what? Also, Obama is a christian, and has always been one. And no, Serb, his father was not an extremest. Also, Islam is the second largest religeon in the world, so don't be mean to them.

napolian654321
napolian654321
922 posts
Nomad

it scares me to think of having a president whose name is huessain not him being a muslim because hussain just sounds like a terrorest name (yes i am jumping to conculsions)

napolian654321
napolian654321
922 posts
Nomad

im not being mean most ppl on the radio and tv say hes a muslim i wanted to know what you guys think thats all

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Most people on the radio and tv say that? You should listen to other things, then. Obama was essentially forced to affirm his Christianity in a speech a few months ago and attacked the Clinton campaign for spreading the rumors.
I think it's really awful that such stereotypes are associated with certain groups of people. I know I will never get to see an atheist president, although religious background shouldn't really have anything to do with politics - but it clearly does.

napolian654321
napolian654321
922 posts
Nomad

Moe im not saying hes a muslim i just hear ppl say he is and i just was wondering what other ppl thought about it i dont hate obama or muslims or any of that

SerbWarrior
SerbWarrior
38 posts
Nomad

Ashereelee or what ever your name is...
How dosent it matter who your parents are?
I mean they rase you and they teach you their ideology etc.
Ofcourse it matters...
Some kids exept it others do just the oposite...
Me...
I respect my parents and what ever they tell me...
Exept studying,thats a taboo topic in my home

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Well, while we're on the topic of parenthood, different cultures have different ideologies when it comes to the aims and practices of raising kids.

Some aim specifically for their children to be independently functioning units. Others aim specifically for children to grow into a role. Individual parents inside these cultures operate in variance with these parameters, too.

Asherlee's wording was still correct though- a key word is "necessarily", and an important phrase was "speak for myself". Whether you view yourself as your own person relates to your own development.

opentotruth
opentotruth
473 posts
Peasant

whats the big deal even if he was i mean out of the three people trying to be president i beilive he will do the best job. Never trust t.v. or the radio all they want is ratings so they will say what it takes to get them. Like i was saying even if he was a muslim which i dont think he is whats the big deal.

person688
person688
8 posts
Nomad

Obamas the best who cares if hes not or is muslim

Showing 1-15 of 26