ForumsThe TavernStupid theories about light speed

34 5311
themantschkin
themantschkin
151 posts
Nomad

This is the Place where you can put absolutly stupid theories about the Speed of light(or other ridiculous high speeds) .

- if you accelerate a fly to speed of light its kinetic energy is about 1056436100000 joule this means that i can splatter you body over a VERY large space if it collides with you (a .50 BMG round only has about 15000â"20000 Joule)

- if you run with light speed you would permanently see your own face/eyes beacause you run into the light your body is reflecting

i hope you have some wicked theorys too

• 34 Replies
roxasthenobody
roxasthenobody
355 posts
Nomad

Just go 1MPH slower than the speed of light and its possible

Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,748 posts
Nomad

It is only going at the exact speed of light that is impossible.

<head>
<script>var __page_start=(new Date).getTime();</script>
<title>Stupid theories about light speed | Community | Armor Games</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<meta name="medium" content="mult" />
<link rel="image_src" href="http://cache.armorgames.com/files/images/armor_games_shield.png" />
<meta property="og:site_name" content="Armor Games" />
<meta property="og:description" content="Providing the internet with the very best in casual gaming." />
<meta property="og:email" content="help@armorgames.com"/>
<meta property="og:title" content="Stupid theories about light speed | Community | Armor Games" />
<meta property="og:image" content="http://cache.armorgames.com/files/images/armor_games_shield.png" />
<meta property="og:type" content="website"/>
<meta property="fb:app_id" content="111604448880616"/>

--it wasn't me

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

My theory about light speed (and time travel). If you are going light speed you are basically time traveling. The laws of time does not allow anything besides light go light speed. Say you were on a train going 299,999 kilometers per second (light speed is about 300,000 kps) if you were to get up out of your seat and run forward you be going light speed, right?
Wrong.
The rules of time would slow you down, there for you would be time traveling.
But still even if you were going 99.9% the speed of light you would still be time traveling. If you were on that train for 1 year (I know, who would be on a train for 1 year), when the train would stop and you would get off, you would see that the rest of the world has aged 50 years.

That is my weird, stupid, and possibly true theory about light speed (and time travel).

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Not really stupid, but if you travel the speed of light you're aging less fast than the world around you.

Like you're going to another planet and it takes you 5 days at the speed of light, to that planet it's 2 years.

pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

Well, it doesn't work quite like that, my best understanding about the speed/time ratio is that it's simply an inverse proportion.

Ex., the faster you go, the more time seems to be slowed, and vice-versa.
Remember, people, time is a relative and near meaningless construct around which we base our perceptions of the world around us.

themantschkin
themantschkin
151 posts
Nomad

relating to 1337Player if you would fire a gun in that train the bullet would be slowed down like you that means that you can watch the bullet flying beacause it has exactly the same speed as you
but this is impossible beacause time goes on without beeing streched or something like that its the same like firing a gun in a normal train the bullet the bullet will always fly with its own speed + the speed of the train
this time travel is like the theory of turnig back time like superman does by turning the world backwards

Maverick5762
Maverick5762
240 posts
Peasant

Well this seems to be about time travel now.

I travel through time at a rate of 1 second per second, thanks.

I don't get these silly time travel ideas ...

I like the OP though, some interesting things to think about lol

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Well this seems to be about time travel now.

Well, time travel is cool.

But Maverick's right, get back on topic people. Sorry for the off-topic light/time travel theory.
themantschkin
themantschkin
151 posts
Nomad

the theory of manipulating time while moving cant be right beacause if i had a stopwatch which would be extremely accurate and would spin it around according to this theory it would affect the time around the clock letting it count the time irregular but if you would really try it you would see that the clock would work the same way it does when you dont move it.

another thing to think about:

if movement would affect time the whole life on earth (and its time measurement) would be messed up beacause the planet earth is moving constantly with a high speed around the sun and is rotating around its own axis at the same time and if we now look at the monn circling around the earth affecting the timeflow also
the time on earth wouldnt be unitary anymore

this would let diffrent places on earth moving in diffrent speed witch would lead us to the destruction of the earth HURRAY!!!!

themantschkin
themantschkin
151 posts
Nomad

Ok back to topic :

air resistance increases with speed this means when you travel with speed of light or faster it would be so strong it would fell like running against a wall (or it would probably crush you )

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

air resistance increases with speed this means when you travel with speed of light or faster it would be so strong it would fell like running against a wall (or it would probably crush you )

Exactly. Unless you were to travel light speed in space, but you would have no oxygen. So you would need to put on a space suit, and so you won't kill you're self, the space suit will be moving light speed too.
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Get a gigantic and hyper powerful magnet that prevents the translation of matter to energy, and you can go as fast as you want. The only problem is with going that fast. It is very difficult.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Get a gigantic and hyper powerful magnet that prevents the translation of matter to energy, and you can go as fast as you want. The only problem is with going that fast. It is very difficult.

I didn't quite get that. Can you explain?
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

I didn't quite get that. Can you explain?

Enormous magnetic fields are caused by three things: 1) Giant hunks of metal, 2) Nuclear explosions, and 3) Breaking the laws of nature. Considering how light speed would require all three, if we can reverse the magnetic field we can stop the process of turning to complete energy, as what happens with going full light speed.

Energy = Mass to the speed of light squared

Go really fast, turn to energy.
Nater
Nater
1,298 posts
Nomad

My theory. Light speed is FAST. Thank you.

Showing 1-15 of 34