ForumsProgramming ForumGame Designers

7 3962
Bl00dyFart
Bl00dyFart
83 posts
Nomad

I wanted to know if there was a certain kind of free design program that a game designer would recommend for me. I'm 100% beginner at designing, but I want to see if designing would be fun. I'm just looking to either design a very basic game or help someone with a small part of a game.

• 7 Replies
SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

I'm looking for a good quality one too, I just downloaded C# not to long ago, and all I managed to do with that program was make a button that when you clicked it, said whatever I wanted it to. Thought it would be for game design, but I was mistaken

Sharkbate
Sharkbate
379 posts
Peasant

Well i'm not sure its for begginners but i think they have some tutorials.Try YoYo games 7.0.I made a game with it and it was kinda easy.(Note:Wont make .swf files.)

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

I'm also interested but I'm sure it will take quite some time to get used to it and make a real game.

Bl00dyFart
Bl00dyFart
83 posts
Nomad

I'm not looking for a big game right now, just something to start me out in design. Something about as complex as pac-man (probably less complicated).

sintrum
sintrum
230 posts
Nomad

I think there is a free program if you search on google,but i cant remember what

Bl00dyFart
Bl00dyFart
83 posts
Nomad

I was just mostly wondering what everyone used the first time you made a game. (Needs to be free)

Leethax0rz
Leethax0rz
30 posts
Nomad

Use Scratch, its extremely easy compared to flash.
Hell, I used it when i was 8, it has to be easy lol.

the website is www.scratch.mit.edu

Showing 1-7 of 7