ForumsForum GamesComplicated Game V.2

5 2124
Navnlose
Navnlose
109 posts
Nomad

I've tried to explain it more, and make it easier to understand,

this is how the game works, Person A writes a complicated sentences with big words, and scientific language and such, it only has to be short(more then 5 words less then 50), and PlayerB makes the previous sentence more simple, easier to read, and less complicated, and then right another complicated sentence for the next person to solve, for instence "Felis catus" would be "cat", so you would write that out then contine the sentence untill it has been done

Exsample

PlayerA Homo sapiens sapiens are bipedal primates in the family Hominidae, Deoxyribonucleic acid suggests That humans Originated in Africa 200 000 years ago

So player be would start to make it simpler, starting with "Homo Sapiens Sapiens", which means humans, so the sentence would read
Humans...
The next bit is "Are bipedal Primates" , so bipedal primates means - by means of there two rear limbs
Humans move by means of there two rear limbs
you would replace 'are' with 'move', beacuse it would make much more sence, so the next bit is "in the family Hominidae" , so Hominidae means Great Ape, so it means its a great ape,
Humans move by means of there two rear limbs, it is a 'great ape'
Then the next part is "Deoxyribonucleic acid suggests", which means, DNA suggests- so you would add that to the sentence and finnaly the last bit stays the same, so it would end out as
Humans move by means of there two rear limbs, it is a 'great ape', DNA suggests that humans Originated in Africa 200 000 years ago.

Then PlayerB takes the role of PlayerA

RULES
1) You can use any website, dictonary, thusaurus, ect to help you (Wikipedia is a great help, i used it for the above and below)
2) No Foreign Language unless you state
3) No Fake words, all words must be real!
4) No Bad language in any form
5) No spamming

And so i know its understandable i
Will not[i] Start this time.

• 5 Replies
Djkgb
Djkgb
677 posts
Peasant

isnt this a bit hard, i dont know any scientific word... i think. I have to check the dictionary for that.

Djkgb
Djkgb
677 posts
Peasant

ok here we go,

Ixobrychus sinensis

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Um, "Yellow bittern."

Dude, that was just the species, not a sentence :P

There's a difficulty with this game- certain things are not reducible. I'll demonstrate:

"Ironically, exacerbating acrimony between the political factions of atheists and evangelists are their common ground; the modus operandi of both is active endeavour, and both are bound to a doctrine of making a positive ontological commitment."

'modus operandi' is Latin. But I'd like to see somebody explain what a 'ositive ontological commitment' is in basic English.

Sodacan
Sodacan
215 posts
Nomad

omg. I just went to a topic thread that hasn't been used in a year or five... And I'll grab attention to it lol

CloudHill
CloudHill
313 posts
Nomad

Right now i have pretty much all of the last posts on page 1, so i will take this thread also.

Showing 1-5 of 5