ForumsPopular MediaYour favorite Zombie movies

56 12349
angryvegetarian
angryvegetarian
40 posts
Peasant

I was watching Return of the Living Dead 2 on Netflix the other day which made me go through my DVD collection to pick out some more zombie films. I sometimes go through these kicks. So what are your favorites?

Off the top of my head:

Night of the Living Dead (1968 & 1990 versions)
Dawn of the Dead (1974 & 2004 versions)
Day of the Dead (1984) - probably my top pick at the moment
Dead Snow
Zombie/Zombi 2
Return of the Living Dead
Return of the Living Dead 2
Zombieland
Let Sleeping Corpses Lie
Shaun of the Dead
Braindead

• 56 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Out of the few I have seen, I quite liked 28 Days Later. It's more than just Zombie massacre.. (@angryvegetarian: I didn't see 28 Weeks Later up to now, so sry for your question)
One I didn't like is I Am Legend.. the first bit is good, what with the atmosphere and setting.. but the entire movie, as tells the title, is just too much about the noble and almighty hero sacrificing himself and so on, it's completely exaggerated; and I specially disliked the ending for some reasons...

melimouse
melimouse
110 posts
Shepherd

Shaun of the Dead and Resident Evil. I wonder if the new RE is going to be any good? I really hope so!!!

melimouse
melimouse
110 posts
Shepherd

Oh and I completely forgot: Fido!! That movie made me laugh and cry! Although I always get a little uncomfortable when zombies start losing parts of their bodies...::

whimsyboy
whimsyboy
938 posts
Nomad

Probably Evil Dead and the other movies in that series. Those are the best Zombie films of all time in my opinion. They have that guy from Burn Notice who used to leak the main guy to the FBI, but now helps him.

JoshFrench
JoshFrench
26 posts
Nomad

Dawn of the Dead gave me nightmares for 2 years! the best one would have to be Zombieland.

vontje
vontje
866 posts
Nomad

Is silent hill also a zombie movie? i mean, i don't really know what that creatures are in that movie, but they look like weird zombie things XD

i like that one for sure

BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

#1 Zombieland
#2 Shaun of the Dead
#3 28 Days Later

XXAlienGirlXX
XXAlienGirlXX
810 posts
Nomad

Finally! a thread about this! okay this is going to be long...

1. Night of the living Dead (original)
2. Dawn of the Dead (original)
3. Return of the living Dead
4. Night of the Living Dead (remake)
5. Dawn of the Dead (Remake)
6. Dead Alive
7. Day of the Dead
8. White Zombie
9. 28 Days Later
10. Day of the Dead
11. Planet Terror
12. Zombie
13. Braindead

Honarable Mentions: Resident Evil 1, Residen Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, and Resident Evil 4.

I have seen alot more zombie movies then these but these are so far the best ones and the ones that come to my mind first.

XXAlienGirlXX
XXAlienGirlXX
810 posts
Nomad

Zombieland of course

Movies like Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead are not good enough for hardcore horror fans.
pwerthirst
pwerthirst
1 posts
Nomad

all i have to say is, "you got a purdy mouth" zombieland ftw

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

I haven't seen any of the mentioned movies in this thread except 28 Days Later, and I liked it, I think it's very good. So this will have to be my choice.

ZeroComp
ZeroComp
383 posts
Nomad

Night of the living dead. Can't beat the classic that started it all!

holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

I don't watch zombie movies all to often but zombieland was pretty funny.

BenTheBozer
BenTheBozer
815 posts
Nomad

Dawn of the dead orginal, cant get over that music! They just don't make them like that anymore oh and by the way Remero has helped make like 5 more movies there worth checken out.

Oblivior
Oblivior
786 posts
Nomad

Resident Evil: Afterlife, seriously, you should watch it.

Showing 16-30 of 56