ForumsSupport ForumA naval strategy game?

2 3846
WarriorsCreed
WarriorsCreed
17 posts
Nomad

Well, maybe you all can make a strategy game based off the Pacific Front in WW2 for a naval strategy game. You would be able to play as either the Japanense or Americans. I really like to see one were you can control your units and move them like a naval RTS. There, you can control ship movements.
In order to win a battle it would depend on the scenario, such as an ambush battle(Example, Pearl Harbor). You would have to destroy a certain amount of units in an ambush without additional reinforcements, if you lose all your units or an important unit such as an aircraft carrier, you lose.
In a straight foward battle, there'd be a point(s) of reinforcements for each side. To win this battle, you would need to use your naval ships and attack these points and capture them.
A defensive battle would be were one side is occupying an island and the other side needs to land troops and take over all the key points on the said island. It would be like Midway, or Iwo Jima. The defending side would get both naval and ground reinforcements, recieving the ground reinforcements directly on the island. The invading force would recieve ground reinforcements and naval reinforcements as well, except that the ground would be in transports that would need to be protected. For the offensive defeat objective, it would be the same for a straight foward battle.
Sub Warfare mission would be more of a spylike thing. You would have a certain target to sink and you would need to control the sub directly via arrow keys or the WASD keys, to fire a torpedo, you'd you use the shift or space bar. Obviously, the defeat condition is if your sunk.
The gameplay would be similar to a RTS for the whole game, except the Sub Warfare Missions, which would be more of a MMORPG in a sense of the control. It could be partly based off WW2 and partly based off imagination for extension of the entire game.

• 2 Replies
madgamer012
madgamer012
741 posts
Nomad

I don't see how this goes in support and suggestions, but the idea is great. MMORPG? That would be pretty hard to make but maybe a computer oppenent. You should give a game author this idea and maybe the game will be made how you thought it would have been.

WarriorsCreed
WarriorsCreed
17 posts
Nomad

So, can anyone point me to a game author so I can tell them my idea?

Showing 1-2 of 2