ForumsGamesCrush the Castle 2 - Custom Castles

21295 1718416
Trismegistus23
Trismegistus23
271 posts
Peasant

Post your playable Crush the Castle 2 maps. There are other threads for talking about CtC2. If it's not good for shooting at or interesting to look at don't put it here: NO castles that fall apart by themselves, NO random junk piles.

• 21,295 Replies
CourtJester
CourtJester
6,111 posts
Farmer

Acid Reactor is interesting but you should have made some of the steel as Ice near the bomb. Sometimes it didn't work in one shot.

First and foremost, when using TNT, place your TNT first before anything else. I sometimes make a little stockpile to the side and use it accordingly. This way, it is read by the program first and will always react the same!

As for directing shots, remember that this is a physics game so, gravity comes into effect on the missile. Other than that, you just have to make adjustments so it works. One problem is that Joey Betz only allows you to move stuff in 5 increments at a time. Sometimes, I just export the code and modify that number so that the shot works!

You got some interesting levels @CicadaChess - hope to see you in the competition.

DracoMaleficus
DracoMaleficus
1,137 posts
Shepherd
CourtJester
CourtJester
6,111 posts
Farmer

HOW TO DIRECT EXPLOSIONS
Ha ha ha - it missed the first time I played it!!! But those are some ways to do it!
DracoMaleficus
DracoMaleficus
1,137 posts
Shepherd

CJ is right about modifying the code too - i had to move TNT 1 or 2 increments left or right to get a percise shot

CicadaChess
CicadaChess
85 posts
Farmer

@DracoMaleficus and @CourtJester I understand now. What I've been doing is placing the TNT in a "vacancy" surrounded by blocks of different materials. I found that when i was first making the Acid Reactor level I has wood on each side, and that allowed for the tower to buckle and fall over to one side. then I changed one side to stone, then metal and so on, until one time the block shot out to the old men. It works best when you aim the acid or fire right at the left side TNT, otherwise the acid dripping downwards has a random effect. Thank you guys so much I enjoy playing and have been watching your guys' work for several years.

DracoMaleficus
DracoMaleficus
1,137 posts
Shepherd

@ CC - but if you want the shrapnel to travel in a direct path without going everywhere you really do need the blocks

DracoMaleficus
DracoMaleficus
1,137 posts
Shepherd

the best way i found not only to direct explosions, but to get the most power out of it is to use iron pellets (absolute smallest pieces of iron) next to the TNT

DracoMaleficus
DracoMaleficus
1,137 posts
Shepherd

EXPLODING DOOR - and also too, it helps to make "break-away" walls - i.e., if u have a 10 high wall, break it down to two 5's

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,111 posts
Farmer

RE-DIRECTED SHOTS
About the only thing different here is the placement of the missiles in conjunction with the TNT. For whatever reason, it doesn't work every time but enough to submit the thing. The very first shot always works. You will note that the upper bullet goes up and the lower bullet shoots down.

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,111 posts
Farmer

CTC2PP CASTLE CONTEST 27 BEGINS

See this Post for more information. I am counting on the players to get more people involved.

@Ferret, the contest continues...

DracoMaleficus
DracoMaleficus
1,137 posts
Shepherd
DracoMaleficus
DracoMaleficus
1,137 posts
Shepherd

GIVE 'EM BOTH BARRELS - wait about one or two seconds B4 firing

DracoMaleficus
DracoMaleficus
1,137 posts
Shepherd

GIVE 'EM BOTH BARRELS 2 - alright... i tested this one at least 10X - it works whether u wait or not - it had better work!

randytheviking4
randytheviking4
24 posts
Peasant

Barrel Slide

kill required royals plus an added bonus non royal kill... its the best i can do in my current health condition :-/

DracoMaleficus
DracoMaleficus
1,137 posts
Shepherd
Showing 19681-19695 of 21295