Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

Sonny 2 GUIDE: Cold Hydraulic Legend Run

Posted Jul 14, '10 at 10:20am

kingpong001

kingpong001

147 posts

Yeah just checked my Psycho, i have 94 Speed lol. That is probably why i never crit. I made sure i had the highest possible Instinct which is 741 and just ingnored Speed.

Posted Jul 14, '10 at 12:14pm

ragingPANCAKE

ragingPANCAKE

6 posts

Hey,
Been following the guide and I have a quick little question.
In the beg. of the guide you mentioned keeping Vera's Vitality lower than you and you other team-mate. That means after you restat in z5 and get to Lvl. 30, if you have the same Instict EQ as him he'll have more b/c of you having no Vit.
Someone clear this up for me please.

-Josh

Posted Jul 14, '10 at 1:31pm

TechnoDragon64

TechnoDragon64

109 posts

Since Sonny's Vitality is supposed be taken care of through equipment, a Re-spec shouldn't affect that stat much if at all since every attribute point should be placed into Instinct. Though it's possible that I don't completely understand your question.

Posted Jul 14, '10 at 1:48pm

ragingPANCAKE

ragingPANCAKE

6 posts

Yeah,
It's not that Sonny has too little Vit. for me to stay alive or anything, it's just that the guide says at the start that Vera should have LESS Vit. than Roald/Sonny/Felicity -

"For Veradux the main gear for him is Instinct. Vitality isn't needed as much as the main rule for this guide is for Veradux's Vitality to be lower than Sonnys and Roalds. By doing this it means Veradux takes all the damage, which is very little due to Ice Wall, then heals it all back instantly."

Now this is just me thinking but having said that both Sonny and Vera are gonna be having Instinct EQ, and that Sonny re-spec's after z5...
-This means that if you take the time to get it, you and Vera will end up w/ the Instinct armor from Council/Mayor/Care Taker then Vera will prob. come out on top Vit. wise b/c all your Vit. comes from your gear and as far as I know he has more base Vit. than you at Lvl. 30.
-Prob. should have said this earlier but the rule of Vera having the lowest Vit. applies throughout the game, right?

Tell me where I'm wrong, I prob. am.

Thanks a poop load =D
Josh

Posted Jul 14, '10 at 2:10pm

TechnoDragon64

TechnoDragon64

109 posts

The rule of Vera having the lowest Vitality in the party does in fact apply throughout the entire game, yes. With all of your attribute points in Instinct, even if both Sonny and Vera have the same equipment Sonny would still come out on top as far as Instinct is concerned (at least that's how it works for me anyway). You could give them both Law Binders on top of it and Sonny's Instinct would still be greater. Also, the Mayor's drops and Council drops are somewhat different in terms of bonuses to Instinct and Vitality (I actually mixed and matched them on Sonny and Vera for best results and keeping with the "Vera's Vitality should be lower than that of the others" rule).

Posted Jul 14, '10 at 3:45pm

ragingPANCAKE

ragingPANCAKE

6 posts

It's not Sonny's Instinct that I'm worried about being higher, it's his Vit.

So if you and Vera have the same EQ at end game who has the Vit. lead, Sonny or Vera?

-Josh

Posted Jul 14, '10 at 4:02pm

Kurohami

Kurohami

95 posts

I never had such a problem that you described, I'm not sure why. The reason for Sonny to have more vit is so that he does not need to be ice-walled and get his damage reduced. I put a few points into vit, but the majority is put into instinct and I still came out on top of Vera.

Posted Jul 14, '10 at 4:25pm

ragingPANCAKE

ragingPANCAKE

6 posts

I know the reason, hence the fact I want to maintain more Vit. than Vera.

I got on and checked, w/ the same EQ on Sonny and Vera there's a 19 point diff. in Vit., hence the fact that kingpong01 (what a legend =P) said to re-spec and add 19 points to vit. at the beginning of your game.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but does the fact that the guide suggests a re-spec and full Instinct after beating z6 imply that you don't need to worry about you Vit. compared to Vera's after that point?

Hopefully kingpong01 or someone who gets it can clear this up.

-Josh

Posted Jul 14, '10 at 4:33pm

Kurohami

Kurohami

95 posts

It doesn't matter that much, the purpose is that you don't want to cast ice wall on a good damage dealer, and vera is the only non-good damage dealer. It's wise to have him at the lowest vitality, but not vital. No pun intended.

Posted Jul 14, '10 at 4:41pm

ragingPANCAKE

ragingPANCAKE

6 posts

Well, I'm pretty sure that the guide is saying that since you re-spec the 19 vit. to instinct, you don't worry about it b/c the only other way would to be either sacrifice your Instinct for some Vit. EQ or give Vera crappier stuff.

Reply to Sonny 2 GUIDE: Cold Hydraulic Legend Run

You must be logged in to post a reply!