Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

Sonny 2 GUIDE: Cold Hydraulic Legend Run

Posted Jul 14, '10 at 6:07pm

kingpong001

kingpong001

147 posts

Yeah cheers for the compliment Raging Pancake :) I gave Sonny the Mending Beacon and the Blast Shield which meant that he had the highest Vitality with 341 which is 11k hp and around 617 Instinct. Felicity then had all the Furious armour apart from the Bodywaer which was the Platinum Cage and had the Temporal Blade as a weapon. This gave her 277 Vitality. Finally Veradux had the combat Medics armour and the Law Binder which left him with 270 Vitality; and therefore the lowest. So it goes:

Sonny: 341 Vitality (All ability points into Instinct)
Felicity: 277 Vitality (With Platinum Cage)
Veradux: 270

Hope this clear everything up. Also this rule doesn't really apply in Zone 6 as all the battles are easy, and only for the Guardians in Zone 7 as it is far better for them to be attacking your team mates overs you. Also with this Vitality it gives you an extremely high surivability. :)

Posted Jul 14, '10 at 6:17pm

kingpong001

kingpong001

147 posts

Just re-reading your question. As i said, for Zone 6 the battles are so easy you don't need to worry about having the least Vitality, however it would make the battle significantly quicker if you made Veraduxs Vitality lower by say giving him 1 piece of poor equipment. However once you hit Z7 just equip the Mending Beacon and Blast Shield and equip your team mates as illustrated in my previous post. Hope everything is cleared up now.

Posted Jul 14, '10 at 6:26pm

ragingPANCAKE

ragingPANCAKE

6 posts

Yeah, thanks man.
Sounds good, I'm all ready to hit z6 just have to max Roald, he's at 22 but has Imperial and Death Sentence so I'll just kill the mayor a bunch =P.

-Josh

Posted Jul 18, '10 at 3:58pm

kingpong001

kingpong001

147 posts

Anyone need help?

Posted Jul 19, '10 at 11:36am

TechnoDragon64

TechnoDragon64

109 posts

Yeah, I'm having a bit of trouble with the Guardians in Z7.

Posted Jul 19, '10 at 4:03pm

kingpong001

kingpong001

147 posts

Told you they were difficult. I can't really say more than what i said in the guide. You shouldn't been having trouble with the survivability as they only deal around 2-3k damage i think. Just do i i said, completely forget about one of the Guardians (not sure which one it is, but says on guide) and get the other one down to low Hp. As he is healing 700hp per Felicity should keep him quiet and if his Health drops too low just cast Ice Wall on him so he heals more. However if you do this i recommed attacking him once as you don't want him to heal too much damage now do you. Yeah so once he is on low Health go for the second Guardian. Then as i said when they are both on low, put both Team Mates on Relentless and stun the one with more Hp. Then you should kill the weaker one on the next turn. Next turn there should be one left, if you have a stun available stun him and the battle should be yours. If not you character should have the most Health and therefore attacked last, so again you should be able to finish him off. If you're still having trouble tell me which part you're struggling with, give me your equipment, ability bar and stats of you and other team mates and i should be able to help. :)

Posted Jul 19, '10 at 10:03pm

TechnoDragon64

TechnoDragon64

109 posts

Yeah, I've been trying to do what the guide says, but for some reason I usually lose Veradux or Felicity before I can get the top Guardian's HP down below 20K (the bottom guardian is a little difficult to ignore especially when he casts Enrage one turn and fires that pink thing the next), the other falling soon after, at which point I restart and try again.  You certainly weren't kidding about the fight being hard.  I think maybe I'll try going for the bottom Guardian first since the top one doesn't do much beyond healing and the basic attack and see if that helps.

My ability bar contains two Mind Freezes, two Flash Freezes, one Glacier, one Shatter, one Guardian Form, and one Ice Wall (though I think I'll probably replace Shatter with Vapor Cannon since the debuffs usually don't last long enough to satisfy the prerequisite for casting Shatter and I'm essentially left without an attack when everything except Shatter and Ice Wall are on cool down).

Sonny

Headgear: Cryptic Helm
Gloves: Hallowed Gloves
Secondary Arms: Blast Shield
Primary Arms: Mending Beacon
Bodywear: Cryptic Armor
Leggings: Cryptic Leggings
Footwear: Cryptic Greaves

Vitality: 341
Strength: 107
Instinct: 617
Speed: 108

Veradux

Headgear: Surgeon's Visage
Gloves: Surgeon's Dexterity
Arms: Law Binder
Bodywear: Surgeon's Shelter
Leggings: Surgeon's Leggings
Footwear: Surgeon's Boots

Vitality: 270
Strength: 257
Instinct: 421
Speed: 224

Felicity

Headgear: Furious Helm
Gloves: Furious Handplates
Arms: Temporal Sword
Bodywear: Platinum Cage
Leggings: Furious Legplates
Footwear: Furious Greaves

Vitality: 277
Strength: 603
Instinct: 145
Speed: 157

Posted Jul 19, '10 at 10:55pm

TechnoDragon64

TechnoDragon64

109 posts

Well, going for the bottom Guardian first seems to help (as does replacing Shatter with Vapor Cannon), though I have trouble trying to break the shield of the other Guardian and getting his HP down to roughly the same level before the first Guardian kills himself with those HP-fueled attacks or gets killed by Felicity even after switching her from Relentless to Phalanx.  Then the surviving Guardian starts firing this zero focus (and high enough power to severely damage its target if it doesn't kill them outright) lightning attack at everybody until the party dies.

Posted Jul 20, '10 at 6:02am

kingpong001

kingpong001

147 posts

Ok have you done as i said and use Ice Wall to prevent him from killing himself? I don't think he should be killing himself for more than hes healing with Ice Wall. Also keep once 1 Guardian goes down just put Felicity on Aggressive, and if the weaker Guardian starts to get too much Hp back just put Felicity on Relentless untill he is back on low Hp again. Also don't replace Shatter with Vapour Cannon, replace it with either: Ice Wall, Restore or Subversion. However i suggests Ice Wall. The battle should go like this:

~ Attack bottom Guardian
~ Get him down to around 5000hp
~ Start on the other Guardian
~ If the weaker Guardian starts to die cast Ice Wall on him
~ If the weaker one casts Outrage cast either Flash Freeze or Ice Wall on him to prevent him from doing too much damage.
~ Get the top one down to 5000hp
~ Get them both down to 2000hp
~ Stun the stronger one
~ Kill the weaker one
~ Kill the other one

Hope this helps :)

Posted Jul 20, '10 at 3:22pm

TechnoDragon64

TechnoDragon64

109 posts

Now would Ice Wall reduce HP loss from techs fueled by HP instead of Focus?  I'm just curious.  I forgot to cast Ice Wall on the Guardian in question, but yeah, I should try that.

Reply to Sonny 2 GUIDE: Cold Hydraulic Legend Run

You must be logged in to post a reply!