Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Lore and Other Things

Thread Locked

Posted Jun 26, '10 at 8:43pm

Gantic

Gantic

10,047 posts

It took some debating to come up with the title of this thread. I have learned a fair bit from ROaTNO and WN, so I endeavor, with this new thread, to weave an embroidered cloth. One with less flaws, although it doesn't hurt to try something new.

Reference to the "Imaginarium" is almost an in-joke. However, I herewith introduce a new idea, one that is most certainly not novel but challenges the concept of the meta-term. This isn't the Imaginarium. This is the Phantasmagorium. No Children Under Eleventeen Admitted. If you are under eleventeen, leave now.

An Introduction

Silent serenades. Troublesome sighs. Solace in surreal ambience. A desired truth. A dose to dote, to dope, the wayward soul. It only works if you believe it would, sir, mister. Galatea? No, I do not know her name. Lindra, I think she is. Yes, sweetish. Ambrose? What's he to do with this? The supple wine of the nectar peach with rose hip tea would do. We drink a sip to drug our health. Our hearth? No, health. Oh, let him in, Letum's solemn twin. What worse could he do than what I have, such sombre song? I shall slip peacefully for once, sound and somnial some. Eos shall do what she does and I shall wake when it is done. So long imagined sun, the bull waits with you between its horns to enter into Lore.

Posted Jun 26, '10 at 10:55pm

Cinna

Cinna

775 posts

So... what are you trying to say here?

Posted Jun 26, '10 at 10:56pm

Kyouzou

Kyouzou

5,231 posts

That's uh...I'm not quite sure what that is, I don't really understand it care to explain?

Posted Jun 27, '10 at 12:54am

wolf1991

wolf1991

3,557 posts

This is absolutely wonderful!

Posted Jun 27, '10 at 12:56am

Cinna

Cinna

775 posts

Oh yes certainly, meaning aside in itself this is fascinating.

Posted Jun 27, '10 at 12:57am

wolf1991

wolf1991

3,557 posts

So... what are you trying to say here?

Do you even understand what is so wonderful about this?

Posted Jun 27, '10 at 12:58am

Cinna

Cinna

775 posts

Do you even understand what is so wonderful about this?

Feel free to enlighten me

Posted Jun 27, '10 at 8:24am

Kyouzou

Kyouzou

5,231 posts

The question is do you? Feel free to let me know if you do.

Posted Jun 27, '10 at 2:34pm

Gantic

Gantic

10,047 posts

Brilliance is marked by one's peers. What it is is what you make of it. (Perhaps too much is dependent on what you might have to already know.) It's a whole lot of wordplay strung together, almost artsy-fartsy. Maybe it is. It is allusory, though, so perhaps look up a few of the words and see what you can piece together? I crammed a lot of references in there but I don't do it for no reason. It is simply an introduction, a segue to fantasy, mayhem, and ultimately nothing.

I have a reputation for being confusing or something like that.

Posted Jun 27, '10 at 5:14pm

Trumpetfury

Trumpetfury

626 posts

Anyone told that you are a literary genius? xD haha, jk, but... idk wat you were saying, i knew all the words, its just the way you put them together that was confuzing.