ForumsArt, Music, and WritingLore and Other Things

62 104570
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

It took some debating to come up with the title of this thread. I have learned a fair bit from ROaTNO and WN, so I endeavor, with this new thread, to weave an embroidered cloth. One with less flaws, although it doesn't hurt to try something new.

Reference to the "Imaginarium" is almost an in-joke. However, I herewith introduce a new idea, one that is most certainly not novel but challenges the concept of the meta-term. This isn't the Imaginarium. This is the Phantasmagorium. No Children Under Eleventeen Admitted. If you are under eleventeen, leave now.

An Introduction

Silent serenades. Troublesome sighs. Solace in surreal ambience. A desired truth. A dose to dote, to dope, the wayward soul. It only works if you believe it would, sir, mister. Galatea? No, I do not know her name. Lindra, I think she is. Yes, sweetish. Ambrose? What's he to do with this? The supple wine of the nectar peach with rose hip tea would do. We drink a sip to drug our health. Our hearth? No, health. Oh, let him in, Letum's solemn twin. What worse could he do than what I have, such sombre song? I shall slip peacefully for once, sound and somnial some. Eos shall do what she does and I shall wake when it is done. So long imagined sun, the bull waits with you between its horns to enter into Lore.

• 62 Replies
Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

So... what are you trying to say here?

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

That's uh...I'm not quite sure what that is, I don't really understand it care to explain?

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

This is absolutely wonderful!

Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

Oh yes certainly, meaning aside in itself this is fascinating.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

So... what are you trying to say here?

Do you even understand what is so wonderful about this?
Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

Do you even understand what is so wonderful about this?

Feel free to enlighten me
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

The question is do you? Feel free to let me know if you do.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Brilliance is marked by one's peers. What it is is what you make of it. (Perhaps too much is dependent on what you might have to already know.) It's a whole lot of wordplay strung together, almost artsy-fartsy. Maybe it is. It is allusory, though, so perhaps look up a few of the words and see what you can piece together? I crammed a lot of references in there but I don't do it for no reason. It is simply an introduction, a segue to fantasy, mayhem, and ultimately nothing.

I have a reputation for being confusing or something like that.

Trumpetfury
Trumpetfury
615 posts
Nomad

Anyone told that you are a literary genius? xD haha, jk, but... idk wat you were saying, i knew all the words, its just the way you put them together that was confuzing.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

It's twisted in a rather elegant way, and much like Fury I understand the words...just not how you put them together.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Well, I'm sure everyone can pull Galatea and Letum out of their head as well as I can. Just as well I use words that don't exist or make any sense at all without a leap of conjecture:

Destiny has a Reminder Most Astute

Just to make things clear, there are no cowboys in this mess, not like the last time. Just heroes. Two heroes to be exact: Thliaongau and Mahdoi. This will be, perhaps, the greatest adventure upon which they will ever embark. To make things clear: There were no cowboys, just heroes. No surprise third hero who is actually the one of them from the future.

The Bullman ambled along outside the walls of the city he grew to know as home and hell. He had spent enough time roaming the streets the past few weeks and had he shined his nose ring any further, he would have been arrested for attempting to blind a blind man. The restlessness of wanderlust lowed against the serenity of the less-than-familiar environs. His last great adventure was fraught with Death and its harbingers and a squawking Stallion Man. Nothing could shake the quiet but the trill of the drab shrillow's dirge and news that Kinsiung was dead.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

I have a reputation for being confusing or something like that.

Yeah. All the freakin time.
And I get the words and stuff, but I don't get the story itself because there isn't anything to tell you who the heck these people are, and what makes them what.
Like the new update thingie you got here. I understood it, untill you said Kinsiung was dead. WHO THE HECK IS HE?!
If your way of expressing things didn't interest me, I wouldn't look at a single thread you made so I could keep from going insane at trying to figure out if the meaning is obvious or well hidden in your words. Yeah.
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Hmm well writen. Elegant use of words. Gramatical briliance.
Yet I still have no idea what this means. Is the first post connected in any way to this newest post?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original title for the entry at the top of the page was originally "The Bullman Doesn't Like Prologues" and I still have the original and different versions of the original on my desktop with a terrible, terrible opener:

The absence of the shrillow's dirge was the grave accent that effected serenity in defiant complement to the restlessness of the Bullman's wanderlust.

Wordplay? Yes. Any good? No.

I'd like to think no one asked what a shrillow was because they already know. And dangit! I made a Google search to make sure it didn't show up as "a bird" or anything meaningfully similar but there's one right above this page on the Google search results for "shrillow" right now and it's a recent book and then there's one from a poem that I am sure relates to birds. It isn't a terribly big leap to shrillow.

Not sure if anyone's made the connections in ROaTNO but there are and will be underlying and recurrent influences in this on a much broader scale than in ROaTNO (and a heluvalota coincidences too). It may or may not help to have read some of ROaTNO or familiarize yourself with the Bullman's profile if you want to know where it might go from here. This is and isn't standalone with respect to ROaTNO. I won't play the Imaginarium card (read this and your brain may explode again), but I did state that this wasn't the Imaginarium. If I am as any good as I hope to be, it will all be clear who the Bullman is, who Stallion Man is, and who Kinsiung is, as well as Lindra and the unnamed narrator, with Kinsiung (Kin Saung showed up on Google.) having never been mentioned before. In summary: It doesn't matter what the character sheet says if the characterization is entirely different.

Any connection between the first entry and the one at the top of the page will be completely left to be figured out just as in ROaTNO.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

This is a lot harder than I thought it would be. And to be honest, "Lore (and Other Things)" was supposed to cut in right before the conclusion of ROaTNO, but then I haven't done much writing in the past 9 months.

All this pointless chatter up here above entries was supposed to be filler for indentation originating from ROaTNO, but since I've cut out indentation in Written Nothings and realized that short paragraphs don't looks so good indented. This is just a vestige.

Also, just for fun: First person to guess the eight-letter verb that would've gone well in this next piece gets 10 Gantic Points. (25 bonus points for correctly identifying the "English" word related to Kasam.) Gantic Points are utterly useless but can be cashed in for the equal value of Gantitude, an arbitrary measure of "Ganticness" on a scale of -100 to 100 with 100 being Gantic and -100 being flippant.

Equine Notions: Karma is Definitely Unknowable

"Didn't pass you Kasam?" Stallion Man continued chewing on a stalk of celery.
The Bullman furrowed his brow. "Didn't your mother ever tell you not chew celery when you're talking to someone?"
"Watch it. Leave my ma out of this," Stallion Man replied.
"Maybe your mother should've taught you some manners," the Bullman replied, flicking some dried grass at Stallion Man with his hoof-hands.
"Don't have a--"
The Bullman huffed, "What? What were you going to say? Say it."
"Bollocks, don't be such a cretin." Stallion Man sneered at the punch that knocked him out of his seat by the muzzle. He pulled himself up and took his seat. "Asterion smiles on you," he said wryly.
The Bullman had no reply.
"What could be so great about 'the Keeper of Kasam'. The Kasam is only a coin."
...of destiny.

Showing 1-15 of 62