Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Lore and Other Things

Thread Locked

Posted Jan 22, '11 at 12:15pm

Gantic

Gantic

7,416 posts

LOL I love it. He's even actually fuzzy.

Partly fuzzy because he was supposed to be fuzzy and partly fuzzy because I was trying to scratch him out in between actually working on my notes.

Posted May 15, '11 at 10:50pm

Gantic

Gantic

7,416 posts

Good Golly! I am terrible with this thread. Not that I particularly mind. Nothing good has come of my posts since Written Nothings. I don't even know why anyone can tolerate ROaTNO (other than it being "more accessible". 14500 views, 93 v/p vs WN's 20400 views, 91 v/p). This thread is worse than ROaTNO though (106 v/p Yeah, my threads have v/p ratios near 100. A small part of that is because I have linked to them on my profile.). Honestly, I wanted to abandon this for my next writing project "365", because I hardly have time to manage this one.

Mayhem Meets Mischief

"How are you feeling?" Her voice was unfamiliar but reassuring.
Without second thought, the Bullman uttered, "Like a failure."
"It'll pass," she replied.
He believed her not because of the quality of her voice (It was beginning to annoy him.), but because she said it with such confidence, as if she knew it would be so.
"You always did stand back up when you were knocked down," she continued.

The Bullman furrowed his brow and tilted his head to look at her. Her brown eyes were almost imperceptible in the black markings on either side of her Holstein face. They were warm, with a hint of mischief. He turned the ends of his lips up slightly.

"I see you have a new nose ring since... you know."
All expression disappeared from the Bullman's face.
"You don't remember me, do you?"
Horror seeped into his eyes but it quickly evaporated when she started laughing out loud.
"Your face! hahaha ...Stallion Man... hahaha ...was... haha right.... ha ha I'm sorry. ha I'm so sorry. I couldn't resist." She studied the scowl on his face behind her grin. "Oh, come on, don't be such a smelly pie. It'll pass."
And he believed her.

Posted May 16, '11 at 12:34am

Strop

Strop

10,824 posts

like a failure? are these new events related to the post wom era?

Posted May 16, '11 at 3:35am

Gantic

Gantic

7,416 posts

The Bullman Adventures follow this timeline:

Pre-ROaTNO
ROaTNO
Post-ROaTNO
WOM
Lore

But he won't talk about that time he failed. :P It's not one of his "great" adventures.

Posted May 25, '11 at 10:02pm

Gantic

Gantic

7,416 posts

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/Lore/Lore2.png

An updated, unfinished image based on the one on the previous page. By posting it here, it will force me to eventually complete the group character image I intend to complete. It also includes an already outlined Stallion Man and the Bullman's favorite tigerkin.

Posted May 25, '11 at 10:17pm

Nurvana

Nurvana

2,180 posts

Pre-ROaTNO
ROaTNO
Post-ROaTNO
WOM
Lore

Don't your stories have geography that contradicts the WOM?

Posted May 25, '11 at 10:51pm

Gantic

Gantic

7,416 posts

Don't your stories have geography that contradicts the WOM?

Shh... Strop has trouble understanding alternate realities.

I'm not going to go in-depth into it, but who says that the Imaginarium, WOM-universe, and Phantasmagorium exist in the same universe? Surely the Bullman, as a fictional character, can be reinterpreted into different universes and still retain his character history.

Posted May 25, '11 at 10:57pm

Nurvana

Nurvana

2,180 posts

but who says that the Imaginarium, WOM-universe, and Phantasmagorium exist in the same universe?

Because AG as a site (as it is sometimes named so in ROaTNO) is a singular location. Although I guess you could say that the Phantasmagorium isn't necessarily bonded to the location of AG itself.

Posted Jun 3, '11 at 8:21pm

Gantic

Gantic

7,416 posts

No one seems to remember that I am the only one to call it the Inconsistent Imaginarium. Not that it matters. Of course, there's also the possibility that some of this stuff might not actually "exist" due to there also being an actual actual reality, an actual fictional reality, a fictional actual reality, and a fictional fictional reality, but since Gantic's Rules of Fictional Realities do not apply here, then how is it all put together?

Warble of the Worlds

I wake at dawn, the day behind me. How many passed? The bonds do not exist, but I feel them at the heart of... something. I don't remember but I think it rained. That must be why. It rained. Still, this despondence condenses on my eyes and smothers... nothing. Why? Have I lied to myself? Does it mean... anything? This comfort is honeyed salt. Or salted honey? I thought I left this, everything. Why? Do I come back? The sparrow outside won't shut up. Its shrill warble is clear. The windows are only open a crack. It is saying, "Hi, I'm your neighbor on your roof."

Posted Jun 8, '11 at 2:59pm

Gantic

Gantic

7,416 posts

A Thursday Night
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/Lore/AThursdayNight.png