ForumsThe TavernGetting Pretty Close to 500,000 Users

136 16534
vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

I know that celebrating this can be disappointing because of all the ghosts throughout this site. But hey, it's still a milestone. Better than nothing.

And I think that Exit Path is dragging users in the AG community because you need a AG account to save progress. Right?

• 136 Replies
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

And there is nothing the moderators can do about it unless they can prove that it isn't being used? Or what?

Pretty much; also it really isn't the biggest problem the mods have so it's kinda taken a back seat to other more important things.
vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

Pretty much; also it really isn't the biggest problem the mods have so it's kinda taken a back seat to other more important things.

You are right my Penguin buddy, the mods are more busy with; taking out spam and other things, like trolls and flamers.

The ghost accounts thing is just disappointing.
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

What do the moderators do exactly? (I mean apart from the obvious important stuff) But what do you mean by 'more important things' Just asking I'm not trying to say that I think they aren't doing anything but I am just wondering, I like to wonder as you may have noticed.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

What do the moderators do exactly? (I mean apart from the obvious important stuff) But what do you mean by 'more important things' Just asking I'm not trying to say that I think they aren't doing anything but I am just wondering, I like to wonder as you may have noticed.

Never bad to ask

Basically they just monitor the forums and game comments for spam, advertisement, trolling, etc. They really don't do that much other than what you would expect as for as I know. It's their job to maintain quality on ArmorGames and ghost accounts don't really effect that.
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Never bad to ask

Thanks I just didn't want anybody to take it the wrong way or anything.

[quote]It's their job to maintain quality on ArmorGames and ghost accounts don't really effect that.[quote]

Yeah I guess that's true it doesn't really bother anybody except for people that are OCD, haha.
vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

Yes, and if there were no mods. This place would be chaos.

Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Definitely chaos haha, there would be so much spam I would drown!! HAHA!

vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

But gladly we have mods. And I'm pretty sure we will get 500,000 users in a couple days or so. Maybe a couple of weeks.

Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

I'm an optimist, I give it another couple of hours haha. JK probably a couple of days.

vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

Ehh...just be patient. We are going to get there eventually.

Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

But will that really be a good thing, probably just more ghost accounts what do you think?

Mysteriousabyss
Mysteriousabyss
44 posts
Nomad

great 500000 is a nice milestone
early congrats to ag

vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

probably just more ghost accounts what do you think?

No, it will just make it more disappointing. I know that will get us the milestone. But I don't like it that way. We already have too many ghost accounts. We don't want more ghost accounts around AG. -_-
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Agreed, and if they ever got around to getting rid of those how do you think they will do it.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

I'm thinking they should start an inactivity policy...iif your account isn't accessed for then a month it's automatically deleted? 3.0 might delete them too, after all they have to be taking up a lot of space on the servers.

Showing 16-30 of 136