Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Could a Nuclear Holocaust really Happen?

Thread Locked

Posted Jun 30, '10 at 12:37am

chang

chang

827 posts

Can I only say it couldn't? No Could I say it will? No I can't
I can see it happening though because there is humanity has one massive flaw that could lead to it. And that flaw is that as a society there are times when we just don't think about what were doing. All it would take is one person to start a chain reaction. One person could start a chain reaction that could start a war and with how easily everyone is blinded by rage that war could be the end us all....

Posted Jun 30, '10 at 8:16pm

snipershot325

snipershot325

809 posts

Do you watch too much of family guy? Anyways No I dont think so,unless people are stupid enough to nuke the world themselves(suicide)

Posted Jun 30, '10 at 8:41pm

ColdSword

ColdSword

101 posts

it would most likely never ever happen America and germany and other eastern countryss taht have nuke power Have made a contract to never nuke each toher For they both know it will end in the world obliverated Also It would only happen to A. terrorists to anyone B. Someone that is crazy and sends nukes C. fairies activate all nukes

Posted Jun 30, '10 at 9:32pm

SirNoobalot

SirNoobalot

1,417 posts

America and germany and other eastern countryss taht have nuke power Have made a contract to never nuke each toher For they both know it will end in the world obliverated

yes, but those are all just said words and writing them on paper. other than that, what is really stopping them?

Posted Jul 1, '10 at 9:54am

Sassin

Sassin

169 posts

its completely possible it only takes one person or terrorist group to start a chain reaction. Now the likely hood of it happening is small but its still there so it could happen.

Posted Jul 1, '10 at 1:06pm

wolf1991

wolf1991

3,061 posts

Is it possible? Yes. Very.

The irony in this whole situation is that to deter people from attacking is the threat of a nuclear retaliation

Posted Jul 2, '10 at 11:49pm

Somers

Somers

1,486 posts

I'd put my money on some sort of an EMP rather than a nuke.

Posted Aug 23, '13 at 11:33pm

LCBlome99

LCBlome99

2 posts

Nuclear war is very easily achieved but would nuclear fallout happen nowadays? well the answer is yes or no... we dont know if the U.S. goverment or the other 2 superpowers (Russia and China) have been secretly inventing nuclear weapons behind our back, There are thousands upon thousands of disarmed bombs that could have been used in the Cold War and I have read in a book somewhere that China had about (not quite correct I am guessing) 14,768 nuclear weapons.... we are second and Russia was third in that category and if we all launched our weapons (even "lesser powered countries") We could have "cleaned the slate" of all life 7 times with that many nuclear weapons.... Even if the earth did have 21 billion people and some survived you would not survive, the earth's atmosphere would be obliterated allowing gamma rays to attack the earth at great volume like on other planets whose atmospheres are thin and weak we would be cooked no matter how much lead you pump into a titanium reinforced bunker, gamma rays can pass through those and kill you anyways.... So yes fallout can occur but the chances these days are slimmer as we have many less nuclear bombs (Thanks Obama...NOT!!!)

Posted Aug 23, '13 at 11:43pm

LCBlome99

LCBlome99

2 posts

Now about the OP, while it is possible, it's highly unlikely that it would ever happen.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"

~Albert Einstein
you just proved yourself wrong...you misinterpret the genius writing of it... just by that one sentence I can tell Albert was saying that after a great world war the human race would be back to the stone age as all electronics would be ****ed up the *** (A.K.A.Nukes can be used as emp's emps can be used to disable all electronics under the area it was detonated... think of it this way (just thought of this) Even if a country created an "anti nuclear system" that would destroy all nukes about to hit the earths surface within a 10 mile radius, you could just drop the bomb miles above the earth disabling that anti nukes system so you would need to have some source of secondary power but anyways games like fallout are totally wrong as you can read my last comment about the gamma rays killing us.... In fallout there are 200 year old terminals that work perfectly which is totally ****ed up

Posted Aug 24, '13 at 2:13pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,859 posts

Nukes are no fun, white phosphorous on the other hand
http://1.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/91/51/13bf2f8cd58435e3c18a9515c3944c7c-me-gusta.jpg