ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Fire Rekindled

92 15817
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Ok so its time for my first short story. I may continue with this bit or maybe write a different one but suggestions and comments are welcome.

"This is not what I imangined when I signed up for this sarge" said Private Jones as he walked up to Sargent Springfield. " Well what did you expect Jones? As soon as they gave you your gun you would go and crush the rebellion singlehandly?" said Sgt. Springfield. "Well no" said Pvt. Jones, " But I expected more than just marching around without seeing a single rebel". Does this kid have an off switch ,thought Sgt. Springfield, Hes only been with us for a week and Im already tired of him. Is this the kind of solidiers we have to stop the rebellion with? "Hey quiet down back there!" shouted Lieutenat Perkins. " YOu want every rebel to hear you and start taking potshots at us before we even get to the town?" "No sir I dont want them taking any potshots at us" said Pvt. Jones. This got a bit of a laugh from the rest of the solidiers as they marched onward to the little hamlet of Spatsville. "I got another question sarge" said Pvt. Jones. "yeah you got a question big surprise" said Sgt. Springfield. "How soon are we gonna get those new reavtive armor suits? You know the kind that are made of the same armor as a combat suit and are supposed to stop direct hits from these" he said as he hefted his regulation automatic energy rifle. "Probably when pigs fly" muttered springfield. "What was that sir?" asked Jones. "Probably when these rebels stop ambushing imperial supply lines so dont hold your breath kid." said Springfield. "But how could rebel get behind-" Suddenly the harsh noise of enegry rifles began to fill the air as the column came under fire. "Get that private down now Springfield!" shouted Perkins as he dived to cover. "Yes sir!" shouted Springfield as he tackled Jones behind a large boulder. "First time in combat kid?" asked Springfield. "Uh yeah sir how did you know?" asked Jones. Probably because anyone one with sense gets down when people start shooting at them though Springfield. "I just know these things Jones" said Springfield. " oh okay sir"said Jones still rattled by the tackle. The firefight did not last ong just enough to inflict a few minor casualties and tie up the whole column. "Come on move it men! We have to get moving and secure that town!" shouted Perkins. "Why sir shouldn't we pursue those snipers?" asked Jones. "Where do you think they came from private? Spatsville is the only town for thiry miles. If we are going to find them anywhere they will be there." said Perkins. "Heh he really got you on that one kid" said Springfield with a laugh. " I guess so sarge" said Jones bashfully as the other solidiers joined in the laughter. Only about 5 more miles ,thought Springfield as the laughter died down and the march continued, then I can finally get some rest. Maybe the kid will find someone else to bother too, he thought as he moved up a rise in the road. The sargent would have to deal with JOnes for a bit longer as his next question popped into his head and who better to ask then the sarge?

• 92 Replies
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

This is great, just needs to be a little longer and those simbols should be fixed, it makes it 10 times harder to read it with those.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

You have to type it in notepad.

What I would reccomend is typing it in notepad first, then copy in into word, do spellcheck. Then go back in notepad and fix the errors.

Yes that's right.
those simbols should be fixed

He's going to fix it on his next part that he's doing. =D
Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

It seems like all the best literature in this forum are the ones with those symbols.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

It seems like all the best literature in this forum are the ones with those symbols.

Yes, I'd totally agree.... Nurvana's story is awesome and was filled with those for long, long time...
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

I think part of the reason is it easyier to write in word than in notepad. At least for me it is.

cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

I agree, word is alot easier to write. I dont like writing in the note pad, it bugs me.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Yeah it puts all the writing in really long lines. Makes it hard to see your whole story.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

I just hit enter to organize it into paragraphs. I used notepad to create my only active story.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Even if it's hard to see your story. The symbols are even worse. -_-

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Alright Alright lol! I will type it in notepad and get rid of the symbols. I guess its not that inconveint for me.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Okay, lol. Did knight answer?

If no, then...

TSPO COULD be:

The _______ _________ Organization.

That's pretty much I know what TSPO stands for. =/

Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

Lol this is so weird

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Wait, what is weird? Confused, here...

Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

It's just that this whole thread is all over the place, y'know like random.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Not really all over the place. But yes...

When's the next part release time?

Showing 31-45 of 92