Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Gentelmen, There is a Hacker among us.

Thread Locked

Posted Apr 18, '08 at 2:25am

Gunslinger19Unfound

Gunslinger19Unfound

43 posts

Shock, Horror I know how you feel. Please this is not spam. Someone , today, Hacked my account, and I don't think it's funny. Do we (Armor Games Members) have to stand for this? You all know what i'm talking about, people who make a fake account, (who by the way are NOT interested in rating games or any thing else Good AG members do) and post Stupid comments like "YOU WILL DIE IN FIVE MINUTES" and hack Members accounts and other Things a SPAMMER mind thinks up! something must be done! Any ideas?

Posted Apr 18, '08 at 5:23am

Calm

Calm

981 posts

Knight

Well, just change your password!!
If you have a password like "@hfoenoh$/564à86é11é2194#15#jfon" it'll be harder for a hacker to hack through it than if your password is "sonny".

Personnaly, I change my password every week so i'm sure nobody can hack through my account. It's the only way of fighting them off.

Posted Apr 18, '08 at 5:26am

nick_coolhaha

nick_coolhaha

1,333 posts

I really doubt that a hacker would ever figure out my password, and I have never had a problem with hackers, so I'm glad my password is pretty complicated. Also, it must feel so bad to be hacked.

Posted Apr 18, '08 at 5:30am

Calm

Calm

981 posts

Knight

Well, to be hacked means that your password wasn't secure enough. I hope it'll never happen to a moderator... lol, it would be terrible.

Posted Apr 18, '08 at 6:12am

Spartan

Spartan

2,924 posts

Ya make it something only you would know.Hackers are getting smarter

Posted Apr 18, '08 at 10:55am

Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper

41 posts

Urgh...I'm glad I'm not important enough to be hacked yet, but maybe I will be some day. We need to shut these hackers down...but how?

Posted Apr 18, '08 at 11:33am

Blobman

Blobman

21 posts

I have a friend and his team who was so good at a game called Planet Side that ALL of them were branded as hackers even though they were just well organized. They were band because of popular vote. Now he and his friends are coming close to owning(as in it belongs to them) the site all together.

I don't know how to get rid of hackers but it might be better to find a way to discorage them from coming to Armorgames in the frist place.

any ideas?

Posted Apr 18, '08 at 11:39am

crazynaitor

crazynaitor

2,959 posts

Well mine is very complicated too its like what Calm said and I hope no-one ever finds out what it is oh Calm I hope a Moder\\ator never gets hacked either.

Posted Apr 18, '08 at 11:46am

Raxter

Raxter

155 posts

Must feel bad to be hacked like that. Some hints to keep your account clean and safe is to have a hard guessable password that contains both letters and numbers, Beside you should change it recently. Also do not accept files from someone that you do not know in programs like msn and yahoo, and if you have friends at your home when you are logging in, Then make sure they look awy and dont check your password lol. Some "friends" might change your pass for fun you know.

Posted Apr 18, '08 at 12:28pm

mrtim

mrtim

2,907 posts

but what I am thinking of is that when we want to change our password, I think you have to type your old password in, then you type your new pass and confirm it...it would be useful as AG actually keeps people singed in, unless if they log out I think...so that could work on people trying to hack your account..

But what I am thinking of is that AG should tell all users to change their password every 2 weeks or so...and if they dont they cant log into the site on that account...it should not let us use our last 10 or so passwords (like what my school does, for us to access the school comps) so that we wont do the same pass....

well I hope I never had/will be a victim of a hacker