ForumsGamesColony v6.0 Patch Notes

236 54401
Krin
Krin
129 posts
Nomad

Hi! I've been working on Colony v6.0 and we're doing some testing and technical things now. It should be out really soon. Anyway, here are the notes:

Anti-Hacking
New features are being added into 6.0 to make it harder for hackers. Using more server-side code so that it's not easy to breach, and also you will automatically be de-synced from a hacker if the game thinks that he is hacking.

Friends List
Added a friend list feature. You can add friends by user name, so you can see whenever they come online, chat with them directly whether you are in a game or in the lobby, and also you can block users.

Balance Changes
Influence Cap raised to 200.
Prides: Now cost 40 Influence, up from 35.
Gladiator: Price reduced. Weapon range and damage increased slightly.
Sakata Spider: Price slightly reduced. Range, speed and HP slightly increased.
Meditec: Now takes slightly few seconds to deploy.

New In-Game Commands

/add [username]
Adds that player to your friends list.

/remove [username]
Removes that player from your friends list.

/friendlist
Displays a list of all your added friends, and shows whether they are online, offline, or blocked.

/block [username]
Block that player from sending you private messages.

/unblock [username]
Unblock the player.

/w [username] [message]
Sends a private message to the user. He/she has to be on your friend list for that to work.

Note: The usernames in all friend list commands are case-sensitive.

That's all for now I'm still trying to figure out a way to create a kind of spectator mode. No promises though!

• 236 Replies
Krin
Krin
129 posts
Nomad

Hi guys, I'm trying to get the patch up on AG, but its quite difficult because we'd have to test it on AG first, and also, before the friends list can work I'd need to ask the admins for a reset of SmartFox server (which would affect ExitPath players too) so just hang in there

h2n2
h2n2
65 posts
Shepherd

the same happened to me .I dont know why it happened and i didnt use any hot keys .I was having 50 money and suddenly my money became -50 below zero and after that the same thing happened to my power

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

Um is the update automatic? My game still says 5.3

AnbuHank
AnbuHank
591 posts
Nomad

It's strange how I use hot keys, and they're fine with me. I never had a resource glitch. When I played the random game I didn't expect my opponent said that he clicked on cancel and ended up trying to make a hospital while his resources glitched to a negative number for whatever reason. When I made a unit then clicked canceled I was fine.

AnbuHank
AnbuHank
591 posts
Nomad

Um is the update automatic? My game still says 5.3

The update is indeed automatic. Version 6.0 is available on Newgrounds, but there are some features that are incomplete. Armor Games is still on Version 5.3.
AnbuHank
AnbuHank
591 posts
Nomad

I found a bug with Version 6.0. In campaign mode and quick play mode you can't make any buildings. I've clicked on the correct ground zero that I'm supposed to control, but even if I have enough resources for the building I can't make it.

AlmostSauce
AlmostSauce
9 posts
Nomad

I can't wait for v 6.0 hope we don't find any other major problems.
And of course hope that hackers won't be able to hack this version too.

Gades
Gades
12 posts
Nomad

You'll always be able cheat in a certain game, didn't found a single one that's complete hack proof.
And unless colony uses a real server-client system rather than synchronisation, there will be several ways of manipulating the game.

gforce1969
gforce1969
33 posts
Nomad

good 2 know

IAmAce
IAmAce
196 posts
Peasant

looks great but my question is when does it come out

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,421 posts
Nomad
Descartes
Descartes
26 posts
Nomad

[url=http://armorgames.com/community/thread/5871728/an-intelligent-discussion-of-hackers-cheaters-in-colony]

=/

Descartes
Descartes
26 posts
Nomad

.......I just failed..... epicly. ATTEMPTING AGAIN.

Descartes
Descartes
26 posts
Nomad
Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,421 posts
Nomad

Prides still cost 35 influence.

Showing 76-90 of 236