ForumsGamesColony v6.0 Patch Notes

236 54399
Krin
Krin
129 posts
Nomad

Hi! I've been working on Colony v6.0 and we're doing some testing and technical things now. It should be out really soon. Anyway, here are the notes:

Anti-Hacking
New features are being added into 6.0 to make it harder for hackers. Using more server-side code so that it's not easy to breach, and also you will automatically be de-synced from a hacker if the game thinks that he is hacking.

Friends List
Added a friend list feature. You can add friends by user name, so you can see whenever they come online, chat with them directly whether you are in a game or in the lobby, and also you can block users.

Balance Changes
Influence Cap raised to 200.
Prides: Now cost 40 Influence, up from 35.
Gladiator: Price reduced. Weapon range and damage increased slightly.
Sakata Spider: Price slightly reduced. Range, speed and HP slightly increased.
Meditec: Now takes slightly few seconds to deploy.

New In-Game Commands

/add [username]
Adds that player to your friends list.

/remove [username]
Removes that player from your friends list.

/friendlist
Displays a list of all your added friends, and shows whether they are online, offline, or blocked.

/block [username]
Block that player from sending you private messages.

/unblock [username]
Unblock the player.

/w [username] [message]
Sends a private message to the user. He/she has to be on your friend list for that to work.

Note: The usernames in all friend list commands are case-sensitive.

That's all for now I'm still trying to figure out a way to create a kind of spectator mode. No promises though!

• 236 Replies
Quicksmasher
Quicksmasher
273 posts
Nomad

Lol. It doesn't sound that deadly to me. It's price is only going to be slight reduced and the rand, speed and hit points are slightly increased. It's not like it's fire power/attack power has increased a lot.

This isnt my opinion, it needs to get special armor, or the hovers will stay better forever.
Quicksmasher
Quicksmasher
273 posts
Nomad

sounds good the spiders are going to be deadly. almost like hovers.thats going to make a new build

This is what im afraid of. Gladiators and Spiders, both tier 3 units of forge, have gotten a bit better. Now Forge will be dominant at Early AND Lategame.
Quicksmasher
Quicksmasher
273 posts
Nomad

Lol... this iz going to be crazy in cold war! D:

Spiders spawn extremely quickly, cost only energy and now they are also strong! If they outrange hovers (they are also quicklier than hovs), tier 3 forge is definetly overpowered :S

Lol, and make bqs, Sphinx and Glads much stronger. This build time is... not worth the strength for their price lol.

KrackerPacker
KrackerPacker
144 posts
Nomad

OMG KRIN THATS TOO MUCH
the spiders can already take out the hovers right now pretty well and if you increase the range again then they will outrange the hovers
im happy about the glads stronger they are so weak now and if you update it then they will be able to kill 3 prides by itself

dont listen to people about making the sphinx strong again because it still dominates the field especially if you know how to use it

and at the very least make some of the other units stronger too because the mod sakatas CANNOT DIE against anything lower than tier3 units...the marines continue to be useless against anything except scouts; and groditz STILL SUCK extreme amounts the only better tier 2 units are snipers, romans, and AA sakata but otherwise the units are useless please pump them up

thanks if you read it

Zeke50100
Zeke50100
168 posts
Nomad

Friends List.

Win.

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

i like the fact it is right b4 a tornament xD

KrackerPacker
KrackerPacker
144 posts
Nomad

well not if you have AAsakata and not enough hovers
i had to put out 5 hovers out to kill a mod that pinned me

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

Kracker u might want to rethink ur strategy xD even though its probably better then anything i have

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,421 posts
Nomad

Great additions. I still hate the fact that you can kill Chronite Spiders with one missile.

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

well if the were a little bit better it would even out forge and post

SpeakerForTheDead
SpeakerForTheDead
50 posts
Nomad

I cant wait to see how much stronger the spiders will be....

jordster5
jordster5
70 posts
Nomad

IM LOVIN IN IT !!!

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

did it come yet?

lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

I remember after the first spider buff...

I hit a spider like, 8 times with chronites...it was at half health X_X

Normally that would cripple or kill a hover

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Are the spiders really going to have that much of a range advantage? I mean based on what everyone is saying seems like it out ranges a far sniper. jk. Also wouldn't a hover still cover the distance fast enough for them to get only one or two shots off?

Showing 16-30 of 236