ForumsSupport ForumGetting points for playing games?

15 3581
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

So, why did *most* of us come here? To play games, I would presume. Thats why I came here... its in the title of the website. So that makes me think that the website is primarily geared towards games.

And what do we get AP for? Posting on the forums, talking to each other, and -reviewing- games, and referring others here primarily. Yes, there is submitting a game as well, but that doesnt seem to be one of the primary factors.

This all seems strange, because the website is geared (I am assuming, as aforementioned) towards playing games. SO, my suggestion? Get points for -playing- the games. How would we go about this, you may ask?

Well... having no knowledge whatsoever of how this website runs, or Flash games in general, this is my suggestion. Of course, this may be totally implausable, but I thought Id bring it up anyway.... Maybe you can get points for beating a game (the first time through, of course) or even just hitting the Play button. Of course, this would lead to more spam... but I feel like I originally came here to play games, and now most of my time is geared towards getting points. I spend more time reviewing games than actually playing them, and I troll the forums as well.

If anyone has any other suggestions of how we could get this implemented, or wishes to just tell me outright that it is rediculous, feel free to post here.

• 15 Replies
WarriorsCreed
WarriorsCreed
17 posts
Nomad

*Yay, More AP!* Well, that's a good point..but maybe instead, what about the rating of the said game, that's the easiest way if your too lazy to type....

sexybeast
sexybeast
20 posts
Nomad

That is a very good point. Armorgames should reward us for making the site more succesful. And it's not like it costs them anything, right? Maybe like, a certain number of armor points for playing for a certain amount of time.

ngfan14
ngfan14
875 posts
Shepherd

I agree with oscynk. But what about people who aren't good at games or certain types of games?

fridgendx
fridgendx
111 posts
Nomad

This is agreeable i usually try to get more AP then actully playing games

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I fear that people would hack games to get points, as they already hack the high scores. I wish that everyone could be honest and play correctly, but that's giving the internet community too much credit.

jubjub1992
jubjub1992
8 posts
Nomad

it would be cool thow

fridgendx
fridgendx
111 posts
Nomad

So true asherlee i hate it when people spam and hack things just for AP i mean theres no point the mods are just going to delete it

Iskalon
Iskalon
32 posts
Nomad

They just want 30 minutes of short lived glory.

boothead
boothead
67 posts
Nomad

getting pionts for playing games would be cool

152 posts
Nomad

it would be cool but we would all get pionts way to fast good idea though

152 posts
Nomad

id go for it more ap

homegrove
homegrove
325 posts
Peasant

I agree that maybe we should get points for actually completeing a game, and maybe there would be something on your profile that kept track of all the games you have completed (i.e. 10 Games Played) or something of that nature.

Although, like Asherlee said, there are alot of hackers out there...

Valamar
Valamar
3 posts
Nomad

[i]points for gaming[b]is smart i hate paying the game then spend hours tring to get points

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

atctually that isnt a good idea because people could keep going from game to game to get points and they could do abunch of other things like that to get points.
the way the points are set up is just fine and i dont see why they should change it.

shadedclan
shadedclan
405 posts
Peasant

i would disagree because the people here that are agreeing are to lazy to get points so they that the game when playing it is more precious than taking the time to make a good review so that concludes that you are a bunch of slacks so i would suggest to use that noggin of yours i also am thinking is it working these days come on its summer already the brain is off but you can still use it so you wouldn't complain about this again

Showing 1-15 of 15