ForumsSupport ForumKreepy in chat room

20 5997
squidlidink
squidlidink
479 posts
Farmer

I was in the chat room. (For my first time) and all of a sudden these people came in and asked for my age. I never tell anyone my age online, because it just wouldn't feel safe. Also, I heard there was some dating business going on and I didn't want to get into that. I told these people I was a 1 mill year old dragon and hoped the would leave me alone, but they kept badgering me about it until the point where I had to leave.

Something must be done. I have seen a lot of situations like this.

• 20 Replies
nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Wow, that's really creepy because that could have been some kind of stalker trying ot get information from you so he can rape you or something. I hope that nobody will ever give any kind of personal information on the chats.

squidlidink
squidlidink
479 posts
Farmer

As surprising as this sounds, like everybody in the chat room gave away their age.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Woah, now that's weird. Also, even though an age doesn't do much, and it's even displayed on your page if you want it to, but if you're willing to give your age and other not serious stuff, that guy might trick and you'll end up giving him your address or something.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Well yea lots of people say what's your age and then say wann date each other? Ugh thats creepy!

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I knew these chats were a bad idea...

MATTOWNSALL
MATTOWNSALL
21 posts
Nomad

I'm starting to rethink my topic on removing the chat room... (LOL)

Raistlin847
Raistlin847
270 posts
Nomad

Lol, yah the chat room is a bit strange, unlike the forums, although, people do choose to enter it.

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
361 posts
Nomad

I use it to talk to my friends there... it's a lot easier than messaging...

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

The chatrooms here are skeezy... I poke my head in every now and again, and I just cant believe there are cognizant humans typing that sort of idiotic babble.

Just ignore anyone that is creepy, or report them if it gets excessive.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Yea I agree with DragonMistress just ignore them and like block them or else don't answer the question they ask or pretend they are not there.

boothead
boothead
67 posts
Nomad

are pople that creepy and lonley that thay look for dates on armorgames....

that is sad.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

It is. People have been asking for my age on my wall. I don't care about giving that away, but not alot more. I seem to mostly see this stuff in the serf and squire room, so I think it has to do with maturity a little bit.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Then you were smart. I personally think that more than 10% of AG is under 13. Some of those people are just immature, and just plain weird.

turkishmaniaca
turkishmaniaca
155 posts
Nomad

Yeah. I think people just make accounts to bug people on here. It's ridiculous.

The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

yes, people will ask questions in a chat room. if you go into the chat room it is YOUR responsibility to have the social skills to interact as necessary and deal with people talking to you. if you are not old enough or dont possess the know how to do this, i suggest staying out.

people will ask your age in a chat room. it is okay to answer that question, no one can determine where you live and how to kill you simply by your age.

people will talk about dating in a chat room. somewhere around the age of 13 boys will start to notice girls and vice versa. its perfectly normal. and for your boys noticing boys (and the female inverse of that) thats okay too and is becoming more widely accepted in the eyes of legal unions and the like.

people will harass you and bug you in the chat room. sometimes because they dont know they're being obnoxious and sometimes because they're just dicks. you can find this in every walk of life and virtually every species on the planet. some people are dicks.

@ asherlee point. yes, i think a chat on this site is a bad idea.

@ coheed, i think you're right. 10% is a conservative estimate.

Showing 1-15 of 20