ForumsPopular MediaHandlebars?

7 4503
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

This seems to be a very dividing topic, so I decided to toss it up here. How do you like the song Handlebars by Floots... or just that band in general? (And on a side-topic, do you think the style sounds like Eminem?)

Havent heard it? Put your mouse right here ~~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waRtcBy_GMI and CLICK

• 7 Replies
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Hm, that's the first I've heard of the Floots. The song sounded very raw, which is something you don't see a lot of, especially in rap like that; usually it's very overproduced.
I can see some comparison to Eminem, but only very superficially. Lyrically and musically I don't think they're anything alike. Even the speech patterns and intonations are very very different from Eminem's style. I think a comparison can be made between certain musical elements and themes of songs, but it might be coincidental or perhaps this band was influenced in some capacity by Eminem.
They certainly have their own style, though, and it's very unique sounding. There were a lot of musical elements on this track and they were blended together really well.
I personally don't care for the song, but there are many aspects about it which I can appreciate.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

>.< Again, this expresses my hatred towards the inability to post edits here. The band is the Flobots, apparantly my 'b' was on a haitus.

I love the song, personally, though I can see how people would not. I do not think the lyrics are Eminem at all, but something about the way he rhymes reminds me of it... and the voice seems similar. After I had made that connection, I actually heard someone on the radio call up and ask if it was Eminem singing, which I thought was amusing....

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Heh, I had thought it said Flobots on the CD cover that was displayed on YouTube, but I didn't want to say "Flobots" and look like a doofus. Oh well, I guess my looking like a doofus can't be helped

ngfan14
ngfan14
875 posts
Shepherd

I hear the song often on Krab radio and I actually like it. Not that much but I think it's pretty cool. I've listened to their other songs on Myspace but I think Handlebars is their best song.

homegrove
homegrove
325 posts
Peasant

So is this thread just about stating our opinions about that song/band? I found the song to be alright, even though I normally just like listening to classic rock.

Dazensta
Dazensta
10 posts
Nomad

i think that good charlotte is the best band ever

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
325 posts
Peasant

I dont like it at all how could there be a question of it .

Showing 1-7 of 7