ForumsThe TavernYOUR Quotes Thread [Time pg 29]

341 60207
XSilentPhantomX
XSilentPhantomX
715 posts
Nomad

Ever had anything you've ever said when your with a friend?
Something that sounds cool or inspirational?
This is the new place to post it !
As the title states, i want your ORIGINAL quotes here please.
I am awar similar threads were started in the past, please don't act sarcastic and give me links to these, i will pay no attention to them. This is also not a place for spamful quotes to be funny. (i.e: "i am epic" "i jump high&quot

Think inspiration, dark, and epic, for your best ones, here's two from me.

"Sometimes I see the people around me, they tell me i look alone. That's when i realize i was meant to be that way and move on."

"Mankind's definition of victory in war is whoever inflicts the most pain, death, and loss on the enemy."

• 341 Replies
escartian
escartian
780 posts
Nomad

Destroying is easy and quick.
Building is long and hard.

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

escartion - destroying sounds a lot like your mom [/offtopic]

Anyway...

"Man has been around for a myriad of millennia and yet we still scream at the darkness, we claw at the moon and destroy the world as if it were naught but a toy - man is a child that has no idea of value or worth."

bacobit
bacobit
1,671 posts
Nomad

long and hard.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Fire tool a of Destruction, but needs Man to provoke it."
~bacobit
Strength
Strength
187 posts
Nomad

"I like pie."

-Strength

Yes, there is no need to applaud me, I know this will soon be the most famous quote on AG.

Katrina18
Katrina18
13 posts
Nomad

"A tragic situation exists precisely when virtue does not triumph but when it is still felt that man is nobler than the forces which destroy him."

- George Orwell

BeauGraham
BeauGraham
98 posts
Nomad

"what doesnt kill me can only make me stronger"

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

"what your xbox is broken? just tie it to a chunk of led and throw it off a dock"

-me talking to one of my friends

Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

Destruction is just the ever changing image of the world.

Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

Sorry for the double post, just needed to bump, and I needed to know something

Is it, or is it not, allowed to post multiple quotes for a theme?

XSilentPhantomX
XSilentPhantomX
715 posts
Nomad

healmeal, good question. The answer to it is no however. im afraid only one quote can be submitted into the contest itself, extra quotes can be submitted on here for the heck of it, as long as they're on topic thanks.

(by the way dont let cenere catch that bump... -_- youll have to get sarcastic too XD.)

"Man has been around for a myriad of millennia and yet we still scream at the darkness, we claw at the moon and destroy the world as if it were naught but a toy - man is a child that has no idea of value or worth."
-Avorne
(I've thought along those lines too, I love the offtpic thing btw XD)

"if people bothered to actually use their inventions for peace rather then war, their wouldn't be so much destruction in the world."
-SonicHeroes95
(i've always thought about that, but a bit too simplistic to win mate sorry. )

"Using your strength to destroy something is easy, and it only takes strength. Fixing it afterwards takes strenght and will. Getting someone else to do both for you only takes money."
-Hypermnestra
(lol i like the seriousness with the humor at the end.)

Its no fun unless something explodes
-Slayguy8
(lulz)

"Give me an innocent and I shall show you a saint. Give men two innocents and I shall show you a conflict. Give me a thousand innocents and I shall show you the end."
-wolf1991
(i kinda understand, but i dont quite get how a thousand innocents would mean an end.)

Destroying is easy and quick.
Building is long and hard.
-escartian
(simplistic)

"Fire tool a of Destruction, but needs Man to provoke it."
~bacobit
(yes yes yes)
(not to be taken sexually XD)

Destruction is just the ever changing image of the world.
-HealMeal
(sorry not sure i get this one all the way either...)

congratz avorne, thank you to all contestants. he will pick next topic.

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Thank you very much for the win (I'm also too good at being off-topic, hah).

Next topic is: Superstition and the Supernatural

That's a pretty wide topic area - have fun!

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

"Give me an innocent and I shall show you a saint. Give men two innocents and I shall show you a conflict. Give me a thousand innocents and I shall show you the end."
-wolf1991
(i kinda understand, but i dont quite get how a thousand innocents would mean an end.)

Just because I love explaining my reasoning. The quote shows that man will inevitably destroy itself. One person by themself accomplishes nothing. Two people will start a some sort of dispute, and a thousand will create a dispute to end the world. Of course this is blown out of context, but it's the point that matters.

As for my submission...

"I would rather trust a man known to lie who relies on his own logic, than a man known to tell the truth who relies on faith"
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

off topic and not funny but its my favorite quote
hardwork beats talent when talent doesnt work hard

nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

"the most dangerous man he who forgoes the enlightenmeant of reason in favor of the darkness of superstition" - nevetsthereaper

nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

*fix

"the most dangerous man is he who forgoes the enlightenmeant of reason in favor of the darkness of superstition" - nevetsthereaper

Showing 226-240 of 341