Forums

ForumsForum Games

[GUIDE] How to play in an RPG in this forum

Posted Jan 20, '11 at 9:01pm

SirNoobalot

SirNoobalot

1,417 posts

There's the D&D game still going on (for a month or two now), and once you get past the character sheet it is smooth sailing.

Posted Jan 20, '11 at 9:26pm

obould

obould

159 posts

I've been playing 4.0... I completely blanked on 3.5 XD

Posted Jan 21, '11 at 1:43am

Pazx

Pazx

4,494 posts

Can I make a point?

With the 'Ummm... I go to the store", that's barely any better than 'ummm... i go to the store'. In fact, I honestly don't have a big problem with the grammar, and I'm a grammar Nazi. Sorta. Sometimes.

What annoys me is the 'ummm'. Seriously? You're gonna make a decision, we don't need you to act like that. If you are faced with a difficult decision, say that in front of your choice, instead of 'Umm...'

Posted Jan 21, '11 at 10:24am

obould

obould

159 posts

Yeah, true. I easily get bugged by grammar and spelling, but at the time that I made this, it was REALLY bad.

I would get responses to my RPGs like.

"i wan go 2 da stor to by sum thins wit my muny cuz im rich get it"

It was quite ridiculous.

Posted Jan 21, '11 at 4:40pm

SirNoobalot

SirNoobalot

1,417 posts

terrible spelling and rambling to the point you have to infer what they are saying exactly (this includes crap sentence structure) are what really get to me. OK spelling is tolerable, but if it is really that bad it makes me angry.

Posted Jan 21, '11 at 5:25pm

obould

obould

159 posts

Yeah, it takes as much time to respond to that as it does to read it...

Posted Jan 22, '11 at 12:56am

Hypermnestra

Hypermnestra

1,283 posts

Great guide. Just one thing: I find it ironic that in the "etiquette" section, you misspelled "etiquette" while instructing people to use correct grammar.
Just thought that was funny.

Posted Jan 27, '11 at 11:24am

webkinzlover7654

webkinzlover7654

240 posts

I saw all that and said I wouldn't read it, but then I did, and I think I might make an RPG soon. Nice job obould, How do you know so much??

Posted Jan 27, '11 at 11:26am

webkinzlover7654

webkinzlover7654

240 posts

I ment I would play RPGs better, the other comment was fo rthe other thread!

Posted Feb 7, '11 at 1:12pm

obould

obould

159 posts

I know all of this based off of pure experience. I'm retiring, now with my RPG/RP creation, and have learned a lot of things when I was involved in all of this creation and playing.

Reply to [GUIDE] How to play in an RPG in this forum

You must be logged in to post a reply!