ForumsArt, Music, and WritingLiterature Fight!

402 63811
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Yay for literature!

Teams: In this competition we will start with 2 teams of 8. Everyone will write about a subject. I will then judge each entry. When your team loses you vote off 2 people from your team.
Scoring: I judge on a scale from 1 to 10. After all scores are added up, the team with the lower score will lose. I will show all individual scores.
The Literature Games: Once 8 people are left in the competition, you fight 1v1v1v1, in a huge arena. I will give you a basic description of the arena, and then you write about killing all the competitors in the arena. You get to choose 1 weapon to start with. This is called the Literature Games (Yes like the hunger games.) One person will survive, then you fight the winner of the other Games.
The Finale: You fight 1v1 with special powers and again one weapon of choice. Both entries are mutated so that it takes very much to kill. You will have to write about that. You also have to write about training, which is 3 days long. Again you will fight in an arena, which will be given to you.

Note:[b] You will be given this information again when the round comes

[b]Note:
The whole thing is writing. No pictures, and by fighting to the death I mean writing about fighting to the death. By training I mean writing about training, etc.
I know pretty obvious, so don't ask about it.

Note: Each round can only be so long. I will wait for you to finish, but if you take too long you will automatically be eliminated. If you know you will take long, please notify me.

[i]Note: You will be given updates all throughout the competition by me, so please do not close your messenger.

Remember just 16 participants, 8 on each team.

• 402 Replies
jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

so when do we start

When we have enough people. There isn't very many signed up at the moment...
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

[quote=thepossum]Hmm...I'd like a little bit more info...for instance, how long are these entries to be?[/quote]

I would give that info throughout the competition, before each round starts.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Oh, these are the people signed up

In
Slayguy8
aknerd
freakenstein
tomertheking
Zaork

Maybe In
Jess
Parsat
Alt
thepossum

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

Maybe In
Jess

Tch.. I'm so in.
slayguy8
slayguy8
718 posts
Peasant

so this is what is now

In
Slayguy8
aknerd
freakenstein
tomertheking
Zaork
jezz

Maybe In
Parsat
Alt
thepossum

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

so this is what is now

No offence, but I don't wanna be the first voted out, so I'm soooo on your team.
Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

I'll confirm my in-ness. I don't particularly care which team I'm in.

I have a question though. If one team basically ends up short two people after being voted out, wouldn't the other team easily be able to crush the team again after that? It seems that it lends itself to a steamrolling.

Zaork
Zaork
439 posts
Nomad

Also is the system for voting others out anonymous? I would hate to tread on any toes...

slayguy8
slayguy8
718 posts
Peasant

how bout when the other team loses people the other people must sit 2 people out and they are safe and if the team that sits out 2 people must it out 4 the two that sat out the first time is in no matter what

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Alrighty then. I guess I'll go ahead and confirm that I'm in.

slayguy8
slayguy8
718 posts
Peasant

ok let me reword that

when one team loses people the team that won must sit out 2 people. those people are safe. if the team with 2 people sitting out wins again they will sit out 4 people.those 4 people are safe. the 2 people that sat out the first time must play in the next round

slayguy8
slayguy8
718 posts
Peasant

this is what it is now

In
Slayguy8
aknerd
freakenstein
tomertheking
Zaork
jezz
Parsat
thepossum

maybe in
alt

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

I have a question though. If one team basically ends up short two people after being voted out, wouldn't the other team easily be able to crush the team again after that? It seems that it lends itself to a steamrolling.

Oh yeah. I will put it into an average.
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,815 posts
Peasant

You might want to count me in too. I can't assure I'll be punctual as I'm a very busy person, but I'll try to fulfill myself to the utmost here; I've been wanting to try my hand at writing in english - I mean substantially long pieces...- for quite a time now, it will surely be a good training for that second tongue of mine...
So yes, until I'm thrown away for lateness, tolerate me as part of the crew!

slayguy8
slayguy8
718 posts
Peasant

this is what it is now
In
Slayguy8
aknerd
freakenstein
tomertheking
Zaork
jezz